Some 'light' reading .........

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He was certainly never one to mince words, but I (more or less) likewise agree with much of what he says. His white hat/black hat diatribe is a classic! What cojones! Unfortunately, he's in his 80's now, and his writings are now relegated to (very) rare posts on his internet blog.

Yep, truly balsy, but totally accurate.

The black-hat list is well populated even back then, and it's had plenty of additional company in the intervening years.

Amazing that even back in 1997 he identified the major influence of some of the white-hats (e.g. Sean Olive at Harman).

I'd add Roger Sanders to the white-hat list. Everything I've read and heard from and about him makes him one of my heroes :bowdown:

Fun reading indeed. The story line sounds familiar: An evil empire of deep pocketed audio companies, a cartel of audio-journalists who delude a hallucinating public, some really gullible people who willingly hand over their hard earned money to these "monsters", and frustration over this by some "heroes" who know the truth better than anyone ...

But for whose benefit are these guys writing this? I guess ultimately telling people all of their gear sounds the same is not a good business model.

Latest posts

Back