Sirius Radio

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtwrace

Reaction score
I finally splurged for the house after having it in the car. I got the commander from Sirius. You can see it here: http://shop.sirius.com/edealinv/ser...=2640&siId=1969212&catParentID=7876&scId=7876

I must say that is sounds great. Much better then I thought. It's not the Gordon Gray supper dupper XM Magnum product but it really works well and is very cost effective. IF Magnum made one for Sirius I would get one of them.

I have been using a Sportster hooked to my preamp via Audioquest breakout cables for some time and I agree it sounds much better than I thought it would. I have about quit listening to FM because of all the commercials. I do wish someone would come up with an affordable Sirius radio with SPDIF digital out so I could run it thru my tubed DAC, which has no TOSLINK input.

Hi Jason,

Regarding my "super duper" XM tuner, my (some would say foolish given the price) impression is still very favorable. I'm actually considering going for the $1K upgrade to make my 606 a 609. Goes to show you how crazy I am.

I hope MD makes a Sirius version but, given the pending merger between XM and Sirius, seems to be unlikely.

I'm glad you like the Sirius unit.

Best regards,

Gordon

Hi Jason,

Regarding my "super duper" XM tuner, my (some would say foolish given the price) impression is still very favorable. I'm actually considering going for the $1K upgrade to make my 606 a 609. Goes to show you how crazy I am.

I hope MD makes a Sirius version but, given the pending merger between XM and Sirius, seems to be unlikely.

I'm glad you like the Sirius unit.

Best regards,

Gordon

If you can, why not? right? I just like the Sirius stations soo much better.

Sirius offers a higher bandwidth signal over the internet...so a PC with SPDIF out might be a solution, or Sonos has a deal with Sirius, provided you upgrade your Sirius account to a premium level. I use Sonos SPDIF out, through a DAC, and into my main system. However, I have not upgraded my Sirius account, because there are plenty of free internet radio options for that genre's my wife and I typically listen to.

The merger just got approved. I wonder how the technologies, operations, and channels will all flush out.

The merger just got approved. I wonder how the technologies, operations, and channels will all flush out.

I was wondering the same thing....after I told XM I was not interested at all in there service. :eek: They kept droping the price. It was $60 for the year and I still said NO!

This could be a good thing, much like having one HD video format. Of course it could be painful for those of us who either have to purchase new equipment or pay for an update to existing equipment.

Latest posts

Back