simontam

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simontam

Reaction score
hi everyone,im am hoping to get some feed back on interconnect cable's and speaker cable's that will be a good match for my system. i have a primare cd-31 disc player connected to a audio research ls-16 linestage connected to an a pair of aragon 8008bb power amps and martin logan aerius i speakers and a velodyne dd-12 subwoofer. any thoughts or recomendations will be welcomed

First off, welcome to the club!

Do you have a price range in mind? I've had good luck with budget cables Blue Jean Cable and Signal Cable. I'm currenly using Kimber interconnects (Hero) and speaker (8TC).

Hi Simontab,

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have a really nice system there. Yes, as Churchill stated, a budget would help wrt recommendations. As for personal preferences, I use (or have used) the following with fantastic results:

Morrow Audio (ICs and SCs)
AntiCables (ICs)
Transparent (almost anything they make)
Nordost (ICs and SCs)
Mapleshade (SCs... haven't tried their ICs)

Also, I will shortly be trying some White Zombie Chupacabra silver ICs which I will comment on after break-in.

Cheers

Welcome to the club!

Before you lay out serious $$ for speaker wires, may I suggest an unorthodox choice: Home Depot Outdoor Heavy Duty orange-and-gray extension. Sure, you'd have to terminate them yourself.

I use bi-wired runs of this in my SL3s with excellent results. (But then, I'm cheap).

Guido F.

Welcome! I don't suppose you have a sister called River by any chance? There are a couple of fellas here with blue gloves on, wondering where you are... ;-)

Welcome! I don't suppose you have a sister called River by any chance? There are a couple of fellas here with blue gloves on, wondering where you are... ;-)
You're not one of them Browncoats, are ya Rich?

No i dont have a sister named River, but i named my daughter River and oh yes my coat is brown!

Back