Silver / a better IC material ?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordon Gray

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just finished burning in and installing the DH Labs Revelation interconnect between my amp / preamp and CDP / preamp.

I've been using Mapleshade IC's for quite some time due to their speed, transparency, and relatively low cost.

Must admit that the DH Labs do everything the MS wire does and more. Most identifiable difference is the control in the mid bass / bass area, which may account for the other improvements I'm hearing in the mids and highs.

I auditioned the cable at the suggestion of jtwrace. My friend Rich also recommended "Signal Cable", which is another silver based IC.

I'm confident, knowing Rich as I do, that the SC would likely bring about improvements similar to the DH Labs but I had to choose between the two.

Anyway, if you are looking for a modestly priced IC that performs well above the asking price, I highly recommend that you give them a test drive in your system.

And an added bonus, you can speak with Darin, the designer of the DH Labs line if you call to order. Very soft spoken and humble. Great service also.

Thank you Jason and Rich for the recommendations.

GG

Last edited:
Nice cables. I too, prefer the sound of silver interconnects... But is it a superior IC material ?? Don't know and wouldn't want to make that judgement for someone other than myself. It would be like me suggesting a brand or style of underwear for you -- a strictly personal choice, y'know ??

~VDR

You are welcome, Gordon. Glad you found something you really like and that I was able in some small way to help point you to it. I have heard great things about the D.H. Labs Revelations. I know you must really like it to replace your Mapleshade I.C.'s, because I know how fond of their products you are. I do love the sound I get with my Signal Cable Silver Resolution speaker cables and I.C.'s. They are so transparent and revealing, with none of the etchiness that is often attributed to silver-based cables.

I don't know for sure when I am going to be back out your way, but I am looking forward to hearing your system again after all the upgrades you have made since I was last there.

Nice cables. I too, prefer the sound of silver interconnects... But is it a superior IC material ?? Don't know and wouldn't want to make that judgement for someone other than myself. It would be like me suggesting a brand or style of underwear for you -- a strictly personal choice, acknow ??

~VDR

Actually, concerning the underwear . . .
Stay away from the Hanes boxer briefs with the thinner waistband. Somebody in the design department goofed with the fly, making it the size of a barn door. Very annoying.
Now about those inteconnects . . .

Actually, concerning the underwear . . .
Stay away from the Hanes boxer briefs with the thinner waistband. Somebody in the design department goofed with the fly, making it the size of a barn door. Very annoying.
Now about those inteconnects . . .

HEY, some of us need that opening the size of a barn door!

(not myself unfortunately, but I know there are some freaks of nature out there).

I have owned a lot of really great cables, tried many alternatives, copper, silver, made my own with wire from myron toback, you name it, ive tried tried it, and I have never found anything better than alpha core micro purl. It always ends up back in my system.

Generally I find silver cleaner and clearer, sometimes brighter, but I can usually hear more into the music.

I have owned a lot of really great cables, tried many alternatives, copper, silver, made my own with wire from myron toback, you name it, ive tried tried it, and I have never found anything better than alpha core micro purl. It always ends up back in my system.

Generally I find silver cleaner and clearer, sometimes brighter, but I can usually hear more into the music.

Forgive my ignorance but what is alpha core micro purl?

GG

Back