Shop vac too strong for cleaning logans?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dominick22

Reaction score
I just bought a 6.5 horsepower 12 amp ridgid shop vac and I tried it out on my hand first.

Holy suction!!

Should I worry about this thing being too strong?

I am sort of afraid it will pull the mylar right through the perferation! LOL

What do you all think?

Dominick

Holly Molly that is pretty strong, make sure you use a brush attachment if you do use it since that would lessen the suction somewhat. I'm using a small shop vac with a horse hair brush on mine.

NO, it will be fine. But, I wonder about a few things

1 hp = 745 watts
6.5 hp x 745 = 4842 watts

Voltage x amps = watts

120 VAC x 12 amps = 1440 watts

Sorry, its the power engineer in me. Its all marketing. You at best have a 2 hp vac. :devil:

I use a 4hp shop vac with the brush attachment and it works fine with no harm to the panels. The brush attachment is a must and works best anyway.

Mylar = really damned strong. I often use the shop vac on my Clarity's w/no problem.

i asked ML about this once because I used my ShopVac all the time and was told not to worry about it.

I was going to reply the same, as I remember this being questioned and posted quite a while ago.

I also have a Rigid shop vac (I think it might be the same model or the next larger size, I can't remember) and just cleaned my panels this weekend with a brush attachement. I've been using it for the past 3 years.

Latest posts

Back