Recent review of 15a's

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed that they praised the blending of the woofers with the panels. I still read on other forums that ML's have a noticeable crossover. Supposedly the wave pattern differences between dynamic and ESL speakers make it impossible to blend

I noticed that they praised the blending of the woofers with the panels. I still read on other forums that ML's have a noticeable crossover. Supposedly the wave pattern differences between dynamic and ESL speakers make it impossible to blend
If there is, I sure cant hear it on my Prodigy speakers.

I've owned the Aerius i's, original Summit's, and now the Expression 13A's. Each iteration had progressively better integration of woofers and panel. IMHO, the 13A's are exceptional in that regard.

Actually, the whole idea behind 2 opposite woofers in Masterpiece series is about blending of the radiating patterns between the panel and the sub.

ML calls it “powered force forward” but the setup is smth like this
https://www.sweetwater.com/insync/cardioid-subwoofer-need-one/

Last edited:
I've owned the Aerius i's, original Summit's, and now the Expression 13A's. Each iteration had progressively better integration of woofers and panel. IMHO, the 13A's are exceptional in that regard.

Comment is spot-on. I had a similar experience, with Aeon i, Ascent i, Summit, and now (finally) 15A's. Each set of speakers improved my listening experience, including woofer-panel integration.

It is possible that some folks tend to skip actual critical listening before providing their comments...

I’ve had so many different ML’s and now the 15A. These are the best yet with integration of panel / subs.

Yes,

I started with ReQuests, then moved up to Summits, and ended up with 15a's which in all honesty 99 percent sure will be my last set of speakers. The integration of bass with the speed of the panels improved with each jump up. If I had not sold a house I could have lived with the Summits easily instead of the 15a's. However the 15a's are most definitely a big jump in performance to my ears. Especially in bass articulation, delineation of bass instruments and power. The ReQuests were fine for a majority of my albums, tapes, and cd's but some music they would break down and the difference in the panel and woofer were noticeable. Also for rock they would glare some if I turned up it up loud. No issue with the Sunmits or 15a's in that regard. I suppose if you listen to Death or Goth Metal you may not have the spl's you desire but doubt many of those folks are looking at stats in any event. Love my 15a's!

I think the blend is amazing the speaker is as coherent as any cone speaker.
In fact the 15as have a great soundstage and amazing detail and with great amp and source creates magic. The test for me of any system is musicality ie you just want to keep playing music and you forget u are listening to a system.
I have heard many great analytical systems which initially impress but you tire of as they are not musical

I think the blend is amazing the speaker is as coherent as any cone speaker.
In fact the 15as have a great soundstage and amazing detail and with great amp and source creates magic. The test for me of any system is musicality ie you just want to keep playing music and you forget u are listening to a system.
I have heard many great analytical systems which initially impress but you tire of as they are not musical
Yeah, when I listen to my system I have to make myself stop listening

Roger that Captain! Ren15a's are awesome, without a doubt!

The most notable aspects of these hybrid stats came out in top flight with these amplifiers: CJ ART150, VTL mb 700 series, VAC Statements, Pass Labs XS300's and XA160.8's. The combination of preamps ranged from Dan D's Momentum, Vac, CJ's GATS2 and the dual chassis Allnic.

After the experience of these combinations, I was wondering whether ML made a mistake by even attempting the mighty Neoliths... only after I did experience the Neoliths did I realise why ML introduced these monsters, as the design project was to replace the awe-inspiring Statements Evo-II's, and have a big stat system that's fully assembled, one that can fit into an average door.

Having said that, unless you had a truly massive room with massive amplification and preferred very loud levels, the Ren15a's are all a hybrid stat can be. Simply marvelous! Hats off to the design / tech team at ML, a project very well done!👏

WOOF! Enjoy those fine tunes
RJ

Back