Ques for tube freaks?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beek

Reaction score
I just put 2 EH6922's in my CD player, havent changed the tubes in about 10yrs.
Seems a little lush on first listen how do they change as time goes on? :cool:

take 'em out and put a CD in instead.........should sound like music then ! ......:ROFL:

...........on the serious side Bill, did you replace them with the same brand you had in there ? even so ten years is a long time. Regardless I suspect a new tube replacement would add some 'lushness', signal tubes fall off slower than power tubes and your ears adjusted accordingly, new tubes are just that...new.

take 'em out and put a CD in instead.........should sound like music then ! ......:ROFL:

...........on the serious side Bill, did you replace them with the same brand you had in there ? even so ten years is a long time. Regardless I suspect a new tube replacement would add some 'lushness', signal tubes fall off slower than power tubes and your ears adjusted accordingly, new tubes are just that...new.

Ok how do you make the CD'S fit in the tube sockets? How do I get them from the bank to the player??

To be honest I dont remem what was in there I pulled em out using a microfiber cloth & put the Electro Harmonix in using the the micro fiber cloth
will I get more micro fiber dynamics?? :ROFL:

Back