Power up issue on ESL

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dopefish

Reaction score
Hello group,

I've been enjoying my used pair of Electromotion ESL for a couple of weeks now but now an issue has arrived,

One of the speaker won't power up sometimes (blue light stays off) even when music is playing. Bass is working fine.

And when it does power up, i hear some crackling noise coming from the Electrostat panel. I have reversed the panels and the external PSU to make sure they are fine, and they are both fine.

I've been browsing the forum and think my problem might be with the internal PSU.

Would you guys confirm my diagnostic ?

Will ML sell me another board ? (bought them used so no warranties i guess)

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hello group,

I've been enjoying my used pair of Electromotion ESL for a couple of weeks now but now an issue has arrived,

One of the speaker won't power up sometimes (blue light stays off) even when music is playing. Bass is working fine.

And when it does power up, i hear some crackling noise coming from the Electrostat panel. I have reversed the panels and the external PSU to make sure they are fine, and they are both fine.

I've been browsing the forum and think my problem might be with the internal PSU.

Would you guys confirm my diagnostic ?

Will ML sell me another board ? (bought them used so no warranties i guess)

Thanks!

Call ML Service, they will take care of you.

Latest posts

Back