Passive Crossover bypass – Quest / reQuest

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the schematic I posted. Off the cuff a modified panel drive circuit would include a large series cap like C2 170uF (which is about 6 ohms at 150Hz) and possibly some series R as shown. To really give an authoritative answer on what would be electrically correct, I would need some guidance on the transformer turns ratio from ML. Then a SPICE simulation would be run to fine-tune, really not a big deal at all.

The goal would be to reduce the high-pass function of the series cap below 150Hz so as to not add another pole to the digital filter. Really all I would want to do is DC-block the transformer. This could mean the pass band to the panel would (theoretically) extend pretty low, probably less than 70Hz. But of course signal content from the digitally crossed-over amp would only contain higher frequency content.

I did notice that, according to this schematic, the stators of the panel are both driven differentially even with a single-ended input. One stator is not ground.
I’m considering creating a high pass filter for my CLSs, as I’ve recently added 2 Fathom 110s. I noticed you’re using a 100 volt cap in your high pass section; can you tell my what brand you used and where you got it? Also, what type and gauge wire did you use?

Back