Parasound Halo A51

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guitarist

Reaction score
Mine arrived today--wow! Compared to the amp section in my Sony ES 6400 receiver, it is far warmer, more detailed, and simply more life-like. My Martin Logans are much happier! So, I'm using the Sony only as a pre/pro for the time being.

It should not be a surprise at all. Sony would not be able to compete with Parasound even in its dreams. I am glad you have upgraded. ML speakers deserve qaulity upstream electronics to be their best.

yep, agreed, the demands that our stats put on an amplifier (capacative ever changing load) is a lot more than the ability to simply drive into a resistor !

I share your enthusiasm. My A51 sounds better than the Krell KAV 250 that it replaced.

The Parasound Halo line must easily be one of the best values out there! It sounds at least as good or better than my old Mark Levinson 334, which was of course only a two-channel amp. ML's new 535 costs about 2X what the A51 costs, and I doubt that it's significantly better. I'm just stunned at how wonderful it sounds, and the dealer said it will sound even better after a 100 hour burn-in time.

Back