Odyssey owners?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beat_Dominator

Reaction score
I am planning on replacing the panels in my Sequel IIs soon and I think the Odyssey panels would fit. I called ML and he said that they would usually give me SL3 panels for my speakers, but if they would fit, I would rather have a Clear Spar panel!

From the manuals, the Sequel, Sequel II, SL3, and Odyssey all have 4' ELSs.... and all are between 13-14" in overall width.

So if we have any Odyssey owners willing, I was wondering if you could measure the length and width of your ESL panel, metric would be preferred :)

(Width measurement would probably require the wood trim be removed :( )

I just realized that you can probably meausre across the very top or bottom of the panel without removing the side trim :)

Evan,
The width of the panel itself is 11 3/8 wide when measuring straight across from end to end. I have an extra pair of panels with my Odyssey's and I don't think they are interchangeable because on the box the extra panels came in there are 4 seperate listings of panel types on the outside of the box and a place to put a check mark on which type of panels are inside.

Sequel
Sequel 2/ SL3
Ascent
Odyssey

Evan,
The width of the panel itself is 11 3/8 wide when measuring straight across from end to end. I have an extra pair of panels with my Odyssey's and I don't think they are interchangeable because on the box the extra panels came in there are 4 seperate listings of panel types on the outside of the box and a place to put a check mark on which type of panels are inside.

Sequel
Sequel 2/ SL3
Ascent
Odyssey

Yes, you are right!, they are not...but if you are planning to change them, get the Ascent i panels, they do are...happy listening,
Roberto.

Very interesting information! If you were to really shoe-horn in a panel with my speakers, there is 11-11/16th inches to work with..... But the panels themselves are just a smidge over 11" straight across.

The biggest hold-back I can think of now is that the Clear Spar mesh is different from the regular mesh. This would mean that the part covering the woofers will not match.

I also know that the Odyssey panel would be thinner, so I would need thicker support foam tape than what would have originally been there.

Thank you for the help WB :)

I wouldn't go changing it from design specification - who knows what you'll end up with. The Ascent/Odyssey panels could have different electrical / sonic characteristics as well.

Go with what ML suggest - I don't think they'd waste their time manufacturing SL3 panels if Ascent ones would do the job.

Yeah, you'll have the crossover of the sequelII mated to an Ascent panel.

My bet is that the frequency response of each panel is different. It's not like they are all flat --- far from it.

Really good comments from you guys..

With all the issues that ML went thru trying to blend the woofer and panel together with their earlier models like your Sequel II's, I would stick to ML's approach and get the SL3 panels.

ML sells the SL3 panel replacement for the Sequel II because it's the newer version of your Sequel II (SL3 stands for "Sequel 3", right?) and will blend with the woofer & xover that you have.

You can also think of this... You get the new panels on and put your Sequel II's and you have some options:

• Realize that the new panels have really made a huge difference and you'll want to keep them.
  • Put them up for sale on the used market. New panels will help get top dollar. Then buy some Odysseys or better yet, something even newer (Vistas!).
Good Luck!

I considered replacing my ascent i panel with prodigy ones when I saw prodigy replacement panels VERY cheap on ebay once. I called ML and they must have given me about 5 reasons why it was a bad idea other than the fact they dont fit properly!
Of course now I can only think of one-they dont fit properly!lol

Dominick

I considered replacing my ascent i panel with prodigy ones when I saw prodigy replacement panels VERY cheap on ebay once. I called ML and they must have given me about 5 reasons why it was a bad idea other than the fact they dont fit properly!
Of course now I can only think of one-they dont fit properly!lol

Dominick

Yea, the Prodigy panels are WAAAYYYYY wider than Ascent panels!

Latest posts

Back