Non-Dynamic speakers

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonFo

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Every so often we start a thread listing interesting (or outrageous) alternate speaker systems.

This thread is intended to catch up on some of the non-dynamic speaker based designs out there.

BTW- non-dynamic means that main frequency range should NOT have cones or domes. Bass pods usually have a dynamic driver of some sort, so that’s fine.
Extra credit for finding that speaker whose <100hz coverage (at significant SPL, i.e. 105dB) is non-dynamic.

So to kick things off, here is the German-Physiks Speakers:

Featuring their Bendingwave driver, these must have interesting soundfields.
The Loreley Mk II, for just $200K you too could have something unique in your listening room:

Attachments

• loreley_1.jpg
    loreley_1.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 163
Amazing! Only $200K? Ha ha. I believe these speakers are a refinement of Lincoln Walsh's design. Remember the Ohm Walsh speakers? They are still being made today, I believe.

As far as other speakers that may fit the category, I think the mbl line might?

196907387-M-0.jpg

Last edited:
Amazing! Only $200K? Ha ha. I believe these speakers are a refinement of Lincoln Walsh's design. Remember the Ohm Walsh speakers? They are still being made today, I believe.

As far as other speakers that may fit the category, I think the mbl line might?

196907387-M-0.jpg

Definetly MLB, what is the deal with these Germans :D

Yep, the GP looks like a rehash of the Walsh driver. I wasn't aware they were still in production.

Yep, the GP looks like a rehash of the Walsh driver. I wasn't aware they were still in production.

I'm not sure if they are or not. During my last visit to Jolida, Inc. in Maryland, I noticed they had some speakers with a Walsh driver for sale. I didn't ask if they were used or new.

Scratch all that. I did a search. They're still in business...

http://www.ohmspeaker.com/

Back