New Member - Long time CLS Owner

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dchazen

Reaction score
I bought CLSes new back in the 80s and have heard nothing better since. I recently replaced the panels, not because I was having a problem, but because I wanted to enjoy them for another 20 years. They match up nicely with a pair of Descent i(s). I have been running them with Mark Levinson gear (ML3 & ML7A) and recently replaced my cabling with Synergistic Research Tesla pieces. On the front end, I have an upgraded VPI HW19 with an Alphason arm and a Madrigral Carnegie cartridge, and an Exemplar Denon 5910. I have it set up as a 2 channel system for music, but, in the last few years, have added a Proceed AVP2 processor and a Theater i and ML in-walls so that it can work as a HT system too. There is a great deal of synergy and I really get to enjoy all kinds of music and movies. I have been toying with the idea of changing over to tube gear and wonder what other members would recommend. I would also appreciate any general comments or suggestions about upgrades and tweaks.
Thanks. David

Last edited:
Hey David,

:welcome:

Sounds like you've got a great set up there. I'm running my CLS's with all BAT amplification - a big VK-6200 SS amp and the VK-31SE tubed pre-amp. Lot's of folks here run similar SS and tubed combinations, but your Levinson combo is a true High End legacy combo as well. Always good to see another vinyl guy here, you'll have a lot of friends. I'm running a VPI also and all Synergistic cabling as well, so we have more than a few similarities in our systems.

At some point you should post your system over in the Members Systems section with lots of pictures - we love seeing everyones set-ups here.

Again, welcome and happy listening.

Back