New member in Colorado

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Essay3050

Reaction score
Hello to all the Martinlogan fans and owners! I just setup and listened to my Request Esl's powered by a Yamaha DSP A1...almost brought me to tears. Im not eloquent enough to describe my satisfaction with them other than to say I can disappear into some of my favorite recordings like never before. Purchased at a estate sale without ever hearing them along with the yamaha. They look and sound just incredible. My handle on here "essay3050" refers to a spectrum analyzer made by AudioControl called the SA-3050. I've used mine to EQ hundreds of systems, mostly auto installs that I completed at a car audio shop I owned for 3 years starting in 1991. I like going back in time with a few purchases on eBay, my last being a A/D/S PQ-20.2 old school quality amplifier imported from Japan. Anyway, I can't wait to get my full HT setup with my new request esl's and Yamaha amp. From what I've seen here so far, I consider myself lucky to have found such a intelligent and respectful forum. I already feel at home.

Welcome! I first heard Requests back in '95, powered with a tube amp for the panels and a transistor amp for the subs. The best sound I had ever heard at that time. What a great speaker. Living in Colorado, do you attend the RMAF?

I've never been to a RMAF in Denver , but maybe next year. I might get a sub to A high end home audio magazine to familiarize myself with the current state of the art trends. Thanks for clueing me in on the RMAF.

Hey Essay3050, welcome again to the club. Check out some of my posts on previous RMAF's using the search feature here and you'll get a taste of it. I've gone every year since it's inception and wouldn't miss it, especially since it's in our own back yard. Steve and I have hooked up at about 3 of them so far.

Quite a few local members here, we really need to a local group meet some time! By the way, my real name is Tim Bingaman and I'm up on the north side of town in Thornton (136th & Colorado essentially). What part of town are you in?

Hey Essay3050, welcome again to the club. Check out some of my posts on previous RMAF's using the search feature here and you'll get a taste of it. I've gone every year since it's inception and wouldn't miss it, especially since it's in our own back yard. Steve and I have hooked up at about 3 of them so far.

My vacation to Denver's RMAF is something I enjoy every time. This year, we're planning to enjoy Albuquerque's annual balloon fiesta, in conjunction with our trip to RMAF.

Quite a few local members here, we really need to a local group meet some time! By the way, my real name is Tim Bingaman and I'm up on the north side of town in Thornton (136th & Colorado essentially). What part of town are you in?[/QUOTE]

Tim, a local group meet would be GREAT! I'm up in Windsor, but Denver is only an hour or so away. I'd LOVE to meet everyone and hear some nice music on some nice equipment.

I'm in Arvada temporarily,(rehabbing a foreclosure) but usually based in CS. Im half tempted to invent a category of building called "the SoundShed" my code allows 120 sq ft so it would be small but with 2x6 construction and double 1/2 inch drywall it would be pretty soundproof externally and be dedicated to 100% audio perfection. No windows and sound proof door. The wife and kid would appreciate the quiet in the living quarters.

Back