New Member From Huntsville TX

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

music1232001

Reaction score
I am A Martin Logan beginner.
I do have a little experience with Magnepan speakers. My main system is:

Sony Bravia KDF 50E3000
Marantz SR-19 for preamp
Marantz MM 9000 150 wpc
Bose double cube surrounds (high on wall)
Magnepan MG 1c center
Magnepan MG 10.1 fronts.

I want to try Martin Logans for fronts and center. I have a single ML Script I am thinking of using as a center and need help on the best choice of fronts to go with it.

Does a Script as center even make sense?
What about Vista, Aerius or Aeon for Fronts? I have no experience but I am impressed with the sound of the Script.

I seem to agree with a reviewer who said while Manepans are very good Martin Logans have gone up a level or two with their speakers.

Thanks,
Ron Teemley

Welcome Ron. Hopefully, someone with experience with using MLs in a surround system will respond. My own experience with surround systems was that I could easily distinguish when speakers from different manufacturers were used and I did not care for the sound differences; especially across the front three channels.

I am A Martin Logan beginner.
I do have a little experience with Magnepan speakers. My main system is:

Sony Bravia KDF 50E3000
Marantz SR-19 for preamp
Marantz MM 9000 150 wpc
Bose double cube surrounds (high on wall)
Magnepan MG 1c center
Magnepan MG 10.1 fronts.

I want to try Martin Logans for fronts and center. I have a single ML Script I am thinking of using as a center and need help on the best choice of fronts to go with it.

Does a Script as center even make sense?
What about Vista, Aerius or Aeon for Fronts? I have no experience but I am impressed with the sound of the Script.

I seem to agree with a reviewer who said while Manepans are very good Martin Logans have gone up a level or two with their speakers.

Thanks,
Ron Teemley

Howdy, Ron, welcome to the club.

In fact, i am still a newbie here in the club, but always like to read and ask for choosing the right gears and info about tweaking around the toys .

My first ML is a pair of Purity, use them for HT front and for 2ch cd music, Cinema i center, Fresco i rear. Since the Purity has build in 200W power-amp, i used RCA line-in to my Pioneer sc-07 pre-out. Everything was fine and the sound effect really blown your away when watching "Saving Private Ryan". Best of all i don't need a Sub in my system. Those 2-6'' woofers are capable of producing enough lower-end range. Watching Movies and listening to cd music is really enjoyable with the purity.

Until recently bought the CLS ii, replaced the Purity. keep the rest of the gears. Here's what happened after switching. I found out that CLS does need different gears to pair with. Apparently those AVRs are not simply good machine to drive them. I don't know much about your Marantz. What i do know at the moment is preparing to buy a nicer pre and power amp if the Front has no build in Amp. I currently pair the CLS with a DIY tube pre + Carver power amp. i use CLS for more music listening than watching moive now. On a day if i have to turn everything on for HT, with Puirty front, i just turn up the volume halfway on the SC-07 only to get a theater feel. But with CLS, i have to turn up to 3/4 volume to get the same feel. Hope you understand my poor english writing. Go with the Purity or Vantage Use your Marantz multi channels for surrounds and center. Happy listening.

Back