New from North Carolina

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodsman

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm very glad to be joining this really fine site in expectation of learning a great many useful things and in hopes of contributing a bit at some point along the way. I plan to upgrade my system in the coming months , and have always preferred the sound of electrostatics in either speakers or earphones, so the discovery of this organization is right on target for me regarding technical help and friendly conversation. thanks to all,Woodsman

I dont have any Martin Logan products at this time , but instead :Cello Palette Preamp , pair of Cello Serafin Powered Speakers , McIntosh MR-78 and MR-80 Tuners , Krell KSA-5 Headphone Amp , Grado Phones , Denon DP-47f Turntable , mid 90's California Audio Labs Icon Mark-2 CD Player and appropriate interconnects . I have recently moved and finally have a room to work with that I hope will enable me to hear the potential of the system (no pics yet). I probably need some better recorded source as well. The Cello products are clear and defined but I still haven't ever been able to hear in my present system the sweetness and smoothness I once heard in some Quads , Magnepans and Infinity headphones. I would like to hear the new ElectroMotion ESL's and Maggie MG 1.7's. churchill-I noticed you have the Pass Labs XA-60.5's. Those looked really fine to me from what I could learn on the internet. Do you think they would be a significantly better match for the ElectroMotions over the MG 1.7's because of the EV'S greater efficiency , or should a choice be made entirely on perceived tonality? Thanks everyone- looking forward to hearing from you.

churchill-I noticed you have the Pass Labs XA-60.5's. Those looked really fine to me from what I could learn on the internet. Do you think they would be a significantly better match for the ElectroMotions over the MG 1.7's because of the EV'S greater efficiency , or should a choice be made entirely on perceived tonality? Thanks everyone- looking forward to hearing from you.

I'd say the XA60.5's would drive either speaker fine, unless you have a very large room or listen at high volume levels. Obviously the EV's efficiency would help out. Since I have my CLS IIz's crossed over to my sub at 88Hz the sub does most of the heavy lifting so my panel power requirement is less. The XA60.5's are far and away the best amps I've owned. They sound great and have plenty of current for the CLS IIz's!

I dont have any Martin Logan products at this time , but instead :Cello Palette Preamp , pair of Cello Serafin Powered Speakers , McIntosh MR-78 and MR-80 Tuners , Krell KSA-5 Headphone Amp , Grado Phones , Denon DP-47f Turntable , mid 90's California Audio Labs Icon Mark-2 CD Player and appropriate interconnects . I have recently moved and finally have a room to work with that I hope will enable me to hear the potential of the system (no pics yet). I probably need some better recorded source as well. The Cello products are clear and defined but I still haven't ever been able to hear in my present system the sweetness and smoothness I once heard in some Quads , Magnepans and Infinity headphones. I would like to hear the new ElectroMotion ESL's and Maggie MG 1.7's. churchill-I noticed you have the Pass Labs XA-60.5's. Those looked really fine to me from what I could learn on the internet. Do you think they would be a significantly better match for the ElectroMotions over the MG 1.7's because of the EV'S greater efficiency , or should a choice be made entirely on perceived tonality? Thanks everyone- looking forward to hearing from you.

Wow - that's a nice collection of electronics!

Back