New dedicated line, Hubbell Outlet vs. Cryoed Oyaide R1, Noise Harvester

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Matz

Reaction score
A few months ago I got kicked out of the den where I had my system set up, and I lost my dedicated lines. Just recently I was getting some house work done, and got a couple of new dedicated lines installed into my new, small listening room for $150. The 2 outlets are Hubbell and the Oyaide R1, cryoed.

Prior to the dedicated lines, I had a Hubbell outlet on the regular line. The Hubbell is much better than a cheapo outlet, with much improved noise floor and dynamics. With the new line and the Hubbell outlet, the music got MUCH more dynamic and I could hear greater details. Definitely a winner.

Then I plugged my equipment into the Oyaide. I bought the outlet of audioexcellenceaz.com. They recommend a 100 hour or so break in period. After 72 hours, the sound was much more refined, natural and coherent than the Hubbell. It trimmed a lot of fat and rumbling bass off the Hubbell presentation. The Oyaide sounds warm. The Hubbell sounds bright and a bit out of control compared to the Oyaide. I could only tell the difference by listening a/b, but these differences are there.

However, I missed a bit of the sharper bite of the Hubbell with the Oyaide. I then plugged in the PS audio Noise Harvester. This little tweak lowered the noise floor tremendously, increased the dynamics, and gave me the bite I was looking for. The Oyaide R1 with the Noise Harvester is the clear winner.

Back