Need help choosing Motions!!!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shidfar1

Reaction score
Hi guys, I run a Denon AVR-2313CI. The true power measurements are 125 W with .08THD continuous power in stereo and about 75W in 5 channel with same THD continous. I currently have a small bedroom with the cheapo MLT-2 5.1 (honesly pretty great for $250 all in). I am moving into my first home on July 19. I was thinking of starting to build a motion setup piece by piece. I have 3 options in my immediate price range: 1) a pair of used LX16 for $360, 2) a pair of used 10s for $190, 3) a new set of 4s for $400.

If I get the 10s, there is another guy selling another pair of 10s and 2 dynamo 500s (I would really prefer the tight response of the 700 but he is asking $600 and I offered $400 so we will see). That would hopefully last me a year or two until the next generation motions come out and I can pick up a pair of 40s, a 30 , and maybe 15 or 20s for rears (i don't have side walls close enough to use the FXs, my living room is very wide but not long at all).

If I were to get the bookshelf speakers, I would use them as mains for a year or two until I could afford the 40s and then move then back to rears. What should I do?

Personally I say go with the 15's. Maybe that is because I have a pair and use them for rears so I have a special affinity for them haha. But then again the 10's would also work fine as rears. But for me I wasn't a big fan of the style of the 10's and 12's, and the 15's came in a cherry that matched the rest of my furniture. Plus they sound fantastic.

Kind of a jumbled response I know but that is about all I have haha.

I'd go with the 15's. I have 4 that I use as my rears and they sound fantastic!!! They can definitely be used as fronts for the time being. They're more than capable.

Latest posts

Back