Narrowed down to two amps

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HUB SRT

Reaction score
After some research I have it narrowed down to the Rotel rb-1582 and Anthem mca-20. Has anyone used either one of these or recommend one over the other? Thanks in advance!

They're both class A/B and have similar power outputs. The Rotel is built in China and the Anthem in Canada, if that's worth considering. My next door neighbor owns an Anthem A2 driving Dali 800 mkIIs. All I can say is, wow! Before that my neighbor owned a Rotel RB1092. We auditioned both amps together driving the Dalis, and they sounded very similar to a point. When we pushed the Rotel louder, it just collapsed into a buzzing mess. We played the Anthem at the same loudness and it wanted more. I can't believe the Anthem just kept sounding better as we pushed it way past the Rotel's spls. When you consider the Rotel is rated at 500 watts per channel and the Anthem at 225 watts per channel...

I know the Rotel RB1582 is a different beast, but I have to say Anthem offers a very impressive power amplifier for very little money. The MCA20 would probably sound very similar to the A2. Maybe others may have heard both the MCA20 and the A2 together.

I am considering an A2 myself to drive my Theos.

Thank you for the detailed info. I'm leaning towards the anthem. Now I just have to save up to get it:) I do want to find someone who had listened to the a2 and the 20.

Back