Naim to supply Bentley with OEM AUDIO

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only hig-end gear I'll ever put into my vehicle is new gear that I've purchased, and I'm bringing home to put in my home rig. ;)

I once had a conversation with a NASA acoustic engineer about car audio. He said that if he were ever tasked to design the WORST possible room for listening to stereo systems, it would look EXACTLY like the interior of an automobile. Food for thought...

--Richard

The only hig-end gear I'll ever put into my vehicle is new gear that I've purchased, and I'm bringing home to put in my home rig. ;)

I once had a conversation with a NASA acoustic engineer about car audio. He said that if he were ever tasked to design the WORST possible room for listening to stereo systems, it would look EXACTLY like the interior of an automobile. Food for thought...

--Richard

Not to mention turning it into a thief magnet! Would you leave a car full of Naim or ARC home audio gear parked in a carpark unattended?

Oh come on now, imagine what JonFo could do with "a few" acoustic treatments in his car......:D

Its nice to be able to have good sound in the vehicle for me. Sure, you dont get the proper soundstaging and imaging you might be used too, but you can still get good dynamic sound with some decent equipment. And with all the auto-EQing you can do now, you can even get a reasonable FR with minimal phasing issues, time alignment correction, etc. Its come a long way in the last 5 years.

You can even go all out and do something like Earl Zausmer did in the 90's. He took a set of B&W 801 apart and mounted the 15" woofers in the kick panels, and made motorized pids for the tweeters in the dash....had Milbert Tube amps on the top end, and Zapco gear for mose the rest. He won a lot of SQ comps with that setup. :p

--Richard

That is so true. As I have a modified Blose system in my truck. I had to add some tweaks with additional factory tweeters and amps.

Latest posts

Back