my jolida is here OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

htrattner

Reaction score
I just recieved my amps today the jolida jd-3000a 200wwt/ch of tube power and wow ,omg what a change .I replaced a my wyred 4 sound st500/250 wtt /ch ice amp that did a great job .But let me tell you if you can mix tubes with the clszii the musical difference is amazing . The clszii love high current and these amps deliver and the bass in the speakers seemed come alive .I set them up and took my time since tubes are new to me .the set up was easy and the biasing of the amps was easy to .Now for the listening ,from Lou Rawls greatest hit to the zack brown band to superman the movie by john williams.Polar Express the xmas movie ,the the best Frank Sinatra and the music seemed so open and real .... Im not a pro at this reviewing stuff and my spelling is poor ...but my ears work great and this combo of jolida mono amps and the clszii make a very happy couple and the music they make sounds live !!!! pics to come when I get back from my fire dept shifts :music::music:

Glad you're happy. The 211 is an awesome tube - you have just transcended solid state and class D;). See the "My System" link below for my 211 based amps.

Seriously - they bang out loads of power, and they seem to last forever. Not come across a faulty one yet - even in my large "not all NOS" collection. They also sound incredible:)

Enjoy:music:

Last edited:
'ht'...congrats ! from another satisfied Jolida owner !

htrattner...I'm a mix of curious and envious. I need more of your impressions.

Oh yeah, that, and...

:ttiwwp:

Those are some lovely amps. What does a set cost?

I'm with Tim - what would be interesting is if you try to nail, in words, what you feel the difference between the Wyred 4 Sound amps and the Jolida is in terms of overall presentation.

Whilst our amps use the same tubes, mine is a very different circuit topology, and I wouldn't expect them to sound the same. So any extra thoughts would be very interesting.

Last edited:
okay the cost is around $5500.00 new ,I havent seen them used anywhere ,but im sure you can find them used and cheaper .but they are well worth it .As for the sound between the wyred 4 sound (ice amp)st-500 250 wtt/ch /8 ohms,and the jolida jd-3000a 200wtt/ch vac.tube mono blocks ,well I will be straight with you ,the difference between poor vs. rich. day and night !!! open, full , real life ,very detailed ,and not harsh on your ears after listening to your system for 2-3 hours ...less gritty ,smooth sounding ,oh ya warm to ..... tubes + clszii = real music ... Im not a computer guy ,but I will try to post pic of my systems in afew days ... wife has to show me how ,lol.... ps when the amps are on ,wow real eye candy to see ,I will take pic of that to ...bye to all and have a safe new year everyone ,I will be working years eve ,hope they stop ! shooting thoses guns off this year !!! :music:

Great tube, like most transmitting tubes it gives exceptional performance for audio-frequency use due to the relatively small area of its operating range we are asking it to work in. On the Jolida website they describe the circuit topology as AB ultra-linear.....but its not a pentode, correct (?). Wonder what thats about.....

Tj

Pic!!

Since ht is a little slow posting pics, I pulled one out of cyberspace. I believe this is the Jolida JD3000A in question.
If not htrattner please feel free to post proper pictures of the REAL THING!!:D

Attachments

• Zenith sml.JPG
    Zenith sml.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 954
Since ht is a little slow posting pics, I pulled one out of cyberspace. I believe this is the Jolida JD3000A in question.
If not htrattner please feel free to post proper pictures of the REAL THING!!:D

Nice shot! Had one of those when I was a kid...

Here's a stock factory photo - but I'd prefer to see them "in-situ" in htrattner's system...

Attachments

• JD3000A_big.jpg
    JD3000A_big.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 984
ok pics no one laugh

try to post pics of my system jolida jd300a amps jolida music envoy preamp the jolida tube cd player,martin logan cslzii.

Attachments

• harrys tubes 001.JPG
    harrys tubes 001.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 1,202
  • harrys tubes 002.JPG
    harrys tubes 002.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 1,107
  • harrys tubes 003.jpg
    harrys tubes 003.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 986
Nothing to laugh at there. Nice looking system. I see you listen nearfield. I have with Quads and my Clarity's and it is an unique experience.

Back