Music Matters IV in Seattle, Wa.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoe

Reaction score
I was wondering if any body in the greater Seattle area was planning on attending this event at Definitive Audio in Seattle? It appears that Jeff Dorgay from Toneaudio is going to be there. I am looking forward in meeting him. Let me know if you are planning on being there. Thanks, Sam (shoe)

P.S. Wes Phillips from Stereophile; Peter
McGrath from Wilson Audio and many more. Wednesday 4th 5-10pm

Sorry, we aren't going to be there.

When this started a few months ago, I was asked if I would spend
45 min to an hour discussing "the future of the high end audio industry",
to which I agreed.

Repeated phone calls and emails to Definitive Audio were not answered
and I figured it was not a deal.

Upon returning from CES, I was contacted out of the clear blue about
doing this and again, I accepted.

Last week, one of the people at Definitive called to ask me to shorten our presentation "a little bit". He then told me we would have three minutes
to talk after the Ayre presentation.

At this point I told them it was not worth driving 3 1/2 hours to Seattle and back in the same day to address their audience for three minutes and we were respectfully decline, especially when they were paying the flight and accomodations for Wes Phillips from Stereophile, who was still getting a 45 minute slot.

They obviously were mad because flyers were printed, so it's turned into a CF, but I hope you understand my reasons. And I apologize for anyone wanting to stop by and say hello in person.

But, there's plenty of cool stuff at their event, so I think you will still have a great time.

Again, my apologies.....

Jeff I am sorry to hear you are not going to be there. I would have like to hear what you were going to say. Maybe next time. I really enjoy reading your post. Have a good night, Sam

When it gets warmer out, let's just organize a Seattle get together.
I'm always up for a drive...

Just not for three minutes!!!

:)

Jeff,

The apparent arrogance and insensitivity is quite astounding.

GG

Unfortunately, this is the kind of thing that isn't helping the industry.

When I do one of these talks, I really like to ask the audience a lot of questions and interact, rather than just babbling on about my own agenda.

That's always the most fun, to see what everyone else is into!

I had a pretty good feeling that this was going to happen. The other guys don't like to share the stage. The high end audio industry is a lot like the economy, it needs some help and unless there is a pretty major way of rethinking how business is done, it's going to get worse.

Jeff,

Unfortunately, some hi-end folks still believe that this attitude is appropriate and don't recognize that it is entirely counter productive to their self interests and the industry, as a whole.

I'm glad you chose not to participate. Maybe someone will GET IT.

GG

Back