Moving - speakers being in vehicle in this heat ?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donberry

Reaction score
I am moving to Mexico and taking my SL3 with me. I'm only taking what will fit in my vehicle so purchased pretty much the biggest I could find, a GMC Yukon XL Denali and it will be packed full.
I'm hoping to leave this weekend but I've been holding off packing my speakers which in turn keeps me from packing a bunch of stuff because I didn't think the speakers sitting in my vehicle in this heat (I live in Tennessee) would be very good for them. They aren't packed in boxes, each one has been wrapped with more than enough bubble wrap and then will be lying on their sides on top of heavy bedspreads with each one then wrapped in another heavy bed spread. Between the bubble wrap and the bed spreads, unfortunately there isn't going to be a lot of air movement and the temps this week will be 90 today and high 80's the rest of the week.
If I'm sure it won't be raining I can leave the windows down a bit but they could be all the way down and it would still be pretty hot in the vehicle without being wrapped in heavy bed spreads.

I'd love to finish packing the vehicle but I'm concerned about them sitting in the heat.
I will most likely be leaving Friday late afternoon and it's a 32 hour drive - need I be concerned or can I go ahead and finish packing ?
I'm leaning towards today's the day I finish packing the vehicle but would like to hear someone else's opinion beside my own
Your opinion appreciated

Back