ML Get together at Dan's House

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eknuds01

Reaction score
Dan,

Thanks so much for hosting the MD/DC/Northern VA ML get together.

I was a great time and Dan's family did a wonderful job of hosting. Dan has amazing set up in his basement! Everyone brought their own little collection of music and Dan's collection is really something else.

I thouroughly enjoyed listening to the Eagles' Hell Freezes Over DVD.

I learned a lot. Cables are indeed important. But, the speakers AND the source are vital to a quality listening experience.

Dan thanks again and I hope we can do this again soon!

Erik

Post Pics please.

sounds like we need a Southeast Gathering???

NC/SC/GA/ anyone?

I would like to thank Dan and his family for the really nice afternoon we all spent listening to his system. His CLS's driven with a Plineus amp were VERY revealing, and we listened to all sorts of music. We did a cable comparison between the "house cables" (I think Dan uses JPS) and some Blue Jean cables that someone brought, which although very unscientific, was enlightening and provided us all with a chance to voice our opinons.

I brought a bag full of CDs, and I am VERY appreciative to the other attendees for indulging my somewhat eclectic musical tastes. It was very interesting to hear all my favorite music on someone else's system. Very different--not better or worse overall, just different. It definitely showed me that I need to get a sub, and a Velodyne SMS, because I believe that combo could make my bass extension much tighter and more musical than it currently is.

I also brought my digital camera, but unfortunately forgot to check the batteries before I left home, so it was too low to snap a flash pic. Hopefully someone else had some pics that they can post of our DC-area ML Rogues Gallery... :)

Thanks Dan, and special thanks to your wife for being such a great hostess for a basement-full of audio geeks like us!

I hope I can have some of you folks over to my place sometime soon, and return the favor!

--Richard

ML Get together

Ditto to all and thanks to Dan and his families hospitality.
I brought the blue jeans cable and you could hear the difference in the bass as plain as day. DTB300 has a great system. I want to thank everyone for their patience as we listened to the 4 selections I brought. Especially listening to In-a-gadda-da-vida, (without incense, a light show, or lava lamps). We still don't know why the Telarc 20bit "The Planets" could not play on his modded Sony. I am going to try to add a picture, but I am going to have shrink it and I'm not to good with these photo shop or whatever picture enhancers. I drove a total of 450 miles there and back as it was perfect weather (for a change). Traffic in Wash, D.C. still sucks though. I think everyone should try to attend a meet in their neck-of-the-woods. You meet nice people, exchange music and ideas, and generally find out what things you are doing wrong and how to change them. A wonderful time was had by all. And the food was great to. Thanks to all.....

Attachments

• Copy of M L party 3-10.JPG
    Copy of M L party 3-10.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
Looks like a very good time! Bigger turnout than our Chicago Meet! HEHHHEHE!

So, who's who in the pics above?

Joey

Looks like a very good time! Bigger turnout than our Chicago Meet! HEHHHEHE!

So, who's who in the pics above?

Joey

I got there about 30 mins after that pic was taken...

From right to left:

Anthony [asindc], Dave [twich54], Steve (could be wrong about the name, sorry), Dan [DTB300], Ozzie, and in the back is Audiorapture (sorry, I forget his real name).

Richard [Dreamer] showed up a bit later on just after I walked in.

Erik

Thanks again to Dan and his family for their warm and gracious hospitality. It was cool meeting guys in person and hearing everyone's selections. Aside from the music, of course, the highlights for me were meeting everyone, talking shop (we could have talked amps, sources, cables for hours it seems), and experiencing Dan's great system. As Dreamer said, it is interesting to hear your favorites in someone else's setup.

Dan, kudos to you...

Anthony

Latest posts

Back