Just joining the club - looking to buy a ML Abyss or Grotto

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

kcurtis

Hello,

I'm sending this as my first required posting - hoping to have more to contribute later.

I am in the search for a ML subwoofer for both home audio and home theater/surround purposes. It's a combined family room/kitchen with total volume of a little over 3000 cu ft.

I haven't found a dealer in SoCal who stocks both the Abyss and Grotto, so haven't been able to listed to both in the same room, to be able to tell whether the Grotto is worth the extra money. Does anyone have experience with both?

Thank you.

I have listened to the Dynamo and the Grotto side by side and I can tell you the Grotto is a much better sub. It is worth the money! The grotto is much tighter and has less distortion. It was so nice I purchased one on ebay. The good news is when I opened the box I found a ML Depth sub.

:p Yes, I have a feeling it will be me. I never stay ahead for long. It all evens out.

I have listened to the Dynamo and the Grotto side by side and I can tell you the Grotto is a much better sub. It is worth the money! The grotto is much tighter and has less distortion. It was so nice I purchased one on ebay. The good news is when I opened the box I found a ML Depth sub.

I hope you went out and played the lottery right after that! DAMN what a deal that is!

Latest posts

Back