Is Montis worth the jump from Ethos?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bweinstock

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Recently getting the upgrade bug...again. I have the ESL C18 center, which I love. Recently added a G25HP from Rythmik, which I also love. That being said, I think the 11a and 13a are overkill for my room/application, and I have more than enough low end. However, upgrading the panel size seems like something I would benefit from. Is there a big enough difference in jumping from Ethos to Montis? I can get a pretty good deal on Montis, and I'll sell my Ethos for $2,500. Love to hear your thoughts! Oh, 90-05% movies/gaming, don't play at super loud levels. Room is moderate size.

for movies/gaming no, music most definitely IMO.

Great thanks - we have been starting to do more music. And likely add a turntable soon...so it could shift to like 30% music

Hi,

I upgraded from Ethos to Months and the upgrade was worth it. The low end goes a few Hertz lower which is noticeable. The larger panel and reduction in crossover frequency to 340 Hz makes a noticeable difference. Better soundstage and more detail.

I'm very happy with the upgrade.

Even my wife said she heard an improvement and definitely would tell me if there was no difference.

Hi,

I upgraded from Ethos to Months and the upgrade was worth it. The low end goes a few Hertz lower which is noticeable. The larger panel and reduction in crossover frequency to 340 Hz makes a noticeable difference. Better soundstage and more detail.

I'm very happy with the upgrade.

Even my wife said she heard an improvement and definitely would tell me if there was no difference.

Montis is a nice speaker. I like it a lot. If u r doing music and can get the panel 5’ from the front wall - I recommend it

Back