Integrated Tube Amplifier For Clarity

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louiceman

Reaction score
Hi I"m new bee got Clarity and Fresco in 2006, I'm interesting in Integrated Tube Amplifier but don't know what's kind to looking for to get. I'm thinking about Jolida 502B.
Thanks

Hi I"m new bee got Clarity and Fresco in 2006, I'm interesting in Integrated Tube Amplifier but don't know what's kind to looking for to get. I'm thinking about Jolida 502B.
Thanks

Tube Audio Design TAD-60 is the way to go. 60 wpc UL/30 wpc triode. If they have the family sound of their big brothers the TAD-1000 then they should do well with the Clarity's, as long as you don't need obscene (over 95dB) levels.

Tube Audio Design

I have actually heard the Clarities driven by a Jolida 502B. It sounded very nice for what it was, but you would have to like the sound of the Jolida (which to me sounded a little more euphonic than natural). At this price level, there seems to be an abundance of tube gear out there, so you would do well to audition as much as you can to decide what kind of sound you are looking for.

Thanks Rich and risabet
Do you have more option or where I can look at?

If you are interested in trying used gear, you can save a lot of money off of new. Try audiogon at:

http://www.audiogon.com/

As far as inexpensive tube amps, do a search on the ML site because I think there may be some previous threads discussing this.

Some of the newer names in lower priced tube amps are Vincent and Cayin. (Do a Google search on these names to find out more about them.) I am not necessarily recommending these brands because I have no experience with them. Just giving you some ideas for further research. I'm sure there are many others with which I am not familiar. Check with the Hi Fi dealers in your area and see what brands they carry. Good Luck with your search.

Back