Input on Conrad Johnson classic sixty w/SL3?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

eponies54

I am considering moving to CJ classic sixty tube amplifier from my SS McCormack DNA225. My current preamp is tubed.

I am asking if anyone has experience in using this CJ classic sixty w/their SL3's? What are likes/strengths? Dislikes/weakness'? Any moderate tweaks that might have positive results?

Hola. Go to www.conradjohnsonowners.com and place your question there. The sixty tube amp will be fine to drive the panels only, but you need extra power to drive the woofers. To my ears, C-J is one of the best sounds available that money can buy. You can bi-amp the SL-3, take a note that you should have at least volume control or gain control for the bass amp, so you can match the bass drivers with the stat panels/amplifier sensitivity. You can use the SL-3 crossover to cut the bass from the panels. Happy listening!

I used a Conrad Johnson MV60 for a very short time with my ML Scenario and I thought it sounded great at low to moderate volume levels. Any level more than this and the amp could not hack it. I move up the Conrad Johnson Premier 140 bi-amped with a Conrad Johnson Premier 350. The 350 powers the woofer and the 140 the panel. This to my years is almost perfect.

Back