Impressions - Summit and Vignette Surrounds

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edwinr

Reaction score
Well. Here we go. It's nearly Christmas. So Merry Christmas to you lot.

While you guys are partaking of the Christmas cheer, here's some thoughts on the Summits and Vignettes.

It's been over 6 months, and only just now the Summits have started to loosen up. I can't believe it's taken so long. But the bass response is just starting to wow me. I now play certain CD's and the the bass response has gone from excellent to phenomenal. On some movies I've watched recently, the low frequency response has been scary. For example on Mission Impossible 3, the doors and windows were shaking - I though it was an earthquake! I guess you could get similar response from a seperate subwoofer, but you'd have to spend a lot of money.

Now the Vignettes. These things were a real pain at first to run in. But the last week or so, they've started to produce the sort of sound that I expect of surrounds that cost so much. I've recently hooked up my Sony multi-channel SACD player to my system. Playing SACD's has really demonstrated the incredible way ML have voiced the Vignettes to match with the top line Summits. The music I have just been playing flowed back and forth between the Summits and the Vignettes, and the tonality was maintained flawlessly. I now cannot differentiate between the two speakers when playing high res SACD. I am very happy with my choice now. Have no doubt - if the Vignettes didn't perform, I would have had no hesitation in changing them for something different.

I was correct in my first impression that the Vignettes were a far better match as surrounds than the Aeon i's would have been.

Have I told you guys before? These Vignettes go LOUD!

But the bass response is just starting to wow me. I now play certain CD's and the the bass response has gone from excellent to phenomenal.

Excellent to phenomenal??? Hahahah! That's an awesome predicament to be in, my friend!

Joey :)

Latest posts

Back