I would like a little feed back from those who have heard the M.L. Vanquish speakers

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimshaw

Reaction score
I am not a Martin Logan owner but possibly could be.

Following is information and finally a question.

I have a 7.3 in-ceiling system. I use SpeakerCraft's AIM8 Fives for fronts and surrounds and I also use SpeakerCraft Time5's as Wides. The Aim8 Fives and Time5's are SpeakerCraft's high end in-ceiling speakers.

A couple days ago I was at a Magnolia store where they had three Martin Logan Vanquish in-ceiling speakers installed. They sounded good but hard to tell what they would really sound like in a home environment.

If I did anything, it would be to install three Vanquishs for the front stage and let the AIM8 Fives for the surrounds. But each Vanquish cost $1300.00 and the cut out size is 13". That is why I could not try them for a few days to test them out.

So, my question to anyone would be, Do you think the $1300 Vanquish speakers would be that much better than SpeakerCraft's high-end AIM8 fives that the swap would be worth it?

I know it is mostly subjective but would like some feed back.

MLVANGUIS_C-500x500.jpg

Jim,

The first question you should ask yourself is what you don't like about your current system. The second is what are your expectations if you buy the ML speaker.

Don't know if there is anyone who has owned both products and can provide you with an informed comment.

Good luck.

GG

Jim,

The first question you should ask yourself is what you don't like about your current system. The second is what are your expectations if you buy the ML speaker.

Don't know if there is anyone who has owned both products and can provide you with an informed comment.

Good luck.

GG

I have a great system and I like it BUT always trying to make better what ever better means to me??? I have developed upgradeitis and want to do something. Maybe I should take a cold shower and forget it.

I guess I am hoping some M.J. owners would pop in and say: Hey, the greatest thing since sliced bread, go for it.

I don't think many around here use in wall speakers...

Yes, I would have thought so. In my case, I have to have in-ceiling or I would be listening to towers right now and not trying to wring out the best sound possible out of in-ceiling.

I know Martin Logans and have high respect and when I saw 14" in-ceiling speakers that sounded great, my mind started working

Last edited:
Jim,

Based on what you've posted I'd say, quoting from the great Bob Marley, "don't worry, be happy".

Best,

GG

I would say to your question, that yes, the Vanquish are better than the SpeakerCraft. I worked at AV-Gurus here in Costa Rica, and they represent SpeakerCraft. When I came with ML gear, to my ears and liking, ML sounded better. I do have several installations using most ML in ceiling speakers with great results. Customers are very happy with the product. Happy listening!

Jim,

Based on what you've posted I'd say, quoting from the great Bob Marley, "don't worry, be happy".

Best,

GG

I would say to your question, that yes, the Vanquish are better than the SpeakerCraft. I worked at AV-Gurus here in Costa Rica, and they represent SpeakerCraft. When I came with ML gear, to my ears and liking, ML sounded better. I do have several installations using most ML in ceiling speakers with great results. Customers are very happy with the product. Happy listening!

"Be happy" That's what it is all about, this strange and expensive hobby we have.

Roberto, Good info. That's what I was hoping for a little bit of experience from someone who has heard both types of speakers

Back