I couldn't wait so I had to buy something to hold me over

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've checked, rechecked and rechecked again just to make sure I wasn't having a rectal cranial inversion. I'm not. EVERYTHING is set up correctly.
Super frustrated, I unpluged it from the wall, took the top off and here is what I found...all fuses are good. Tested them all. But look at this. Shouldn't this be plugged in (smack dab in the middle of the screen...looks like the plug popped out)?
DSCN1580.jpg

here is a pic of the whole unit
DSCN1578.jpg

and one of the massive toroid. Huge.
DSCN1582.jpg

Sure looks like it pooped out (sic). Surprising as those things are usually very secure.

I'm nervous about doing it. but I can't take the suspense any longer. I'm going to plug it in and see what happens. It just looks like that is the obvious problem. What else is supposed to go there? there isn't any other plug that is remotely close to fitting into that socket.

It Works!!! This amp pairs up very well with the Martin Logans and has a great synergy with the AudioQuest King Cobras, Signal Cable power cords and TriVista21DAC. I will be in for a long Sunday morning listening session! But for now it's time to excercise the home theater. The wife has requested a movie, and far be it from me to avoid that room!
P.S. I think I may have to purchase another to use as Monos!
Cheers,
Adam

I really like the Classe gear. They are typically pretty reliable since the build quality is consistently top notch as you can see from your photos.

Are you sure you want to sell it when you get your XPA-2?

Craig,
I have no way of knowing the answer to that question until I have the XPA-2s to compare them to. For now, I have purchased a second Classe Ca-201 to bi amp with. If I don't see much of an improvement, I'll put it up for sale. These things sell like hot cakes, and now that mine's up and running, I can see why. So far I am loving what my ears are hearing :music:

The Classés are great!! This coming from a Classé owner.......anyway, I'm glad you got it back to working.

Have fun and enjoy listnening.

Latest posts

Back