How high and wide do I hang the scripts-i in the rear?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scott,
Looks good the height looks just right.

The Script on the right is crooked, try using a laser level if you have one if not it's well worth the investment.Cuts out all the time and guess work in measuring.:banghead:

To give the setup a cleaner look and higher WAF factor if you still have atttic or ceiling access,(can't tell from photo),I would move the wire hookups to come out just behind the woofer portion of the scripts keeping them out of sight.

There's also a bit they make thats mounted to a flexible rod, so you can actually cut the whole in the wall for the plate exactly where you want it and drill up or down through the wall to run your cable.It'll cost you about $40, but well worth it. Cuts the guess work out of where to drill from the attic, and doesn't require 2 people one in the attic drilling and one the floor below tapping at the ceiling of where you should drill. I still use this bit,just recently to run a cat5 cable to the basement for the kids wii,and ran another phone line into the bedroom to get caller ID on the television in there.:cheers:

heh, you pointed out the things that frustrated me during the install.

1) I did use a level... the plate twists when I tighen the darn screws... easy to fix... didn't have the patience to solve yet..:devil:

2) the speaker wires are coming our higher than what I wanted because there were sconces on the wall... the left speaker hides the plate, but you can see one on the right. I've always heard you should avoid speaker wires running next to electricity so to avoid... I went high... also... they didn't come out right above the right speaker because the HUGE header in the attic starts right where the curve in the back wall starts... I will spend more time trying to figure that one out... because it does look armature hourish

Scott,

That is correct. :) If you look at - My System #57, in the members Systems section ~ at the fourth photo down, in the first post, you can see the ~ 1/4" I-Bolts - mounted to the ceiling (two / speaker). They are screwed into the ceiling. Or you can click on the link below (in my signature section of this post) Please check it out.... ;) It is truly wonderful... :D

HTH

:D Happy New Year!

Hi Robin,

How long have you had those Scripts hanging? I was wondering whether there will be possible adverse effects with those cables putting pressure on the stators in the long run causing them to come into contact with diaphragm or at least, affecting the spacing between them.

Ben

Script i's...

Hi Robin,

How long have you had those Scripts hanging? I was wondering whether there will be possible adverse effects with those cables putting pressure on the stators in the long run causing them to come into contact with diaphragm or at least, affecting the spacing between them.

Ben
Ben,

While I was waiting for my Script i's to come-in, after ordering them, I purchased all the necessary hanging gear i. e., plastic tubing, cable, i-bolts etc. When they arrived in March 2005, we just hung them up, with lots of help from my son of course... :D I have not taken them down at all, and with the exception of a few simple minor adjustments i. e., angle / position ~ in their plastic coated cable cradles - during in the first couple of months. I have been in sonic nirvana..., well not really..., not until I acquired my Anthem Statement P5 power amp, in early September 2005. Now that gave mondo power, amoung other things, to all my ML speakers... :D

So, the answer to your questions ~ No adverse effects to the stators as their is no pressure on them. No effect on the diaphragms at all - no problems with spacing at all. They really sound just wonderfully great. I must say that when I am vacuuming them most of the dust accumulates on the back-side, which is the top... I vacuum them every 3-6 months. It's been almost two years now and I could not be happier... :D I have heard Script i's positioned in the conventional way in Audio Store HT's and I my hanging Script i's really sound so much better it is just incredible the difference in HT sound staging and imagining. My Script i's positioned as they are from above are sooo much better for my HT.... My system's Script i's surround speakers are positioned for just that much more dynamic special effects and music. They are killer sound from above especially for HT musical and sound effects / dynamics... I have to say my flying Script i's Rock. My ears love them.... :D

Robin-

you mention we hung them up, please explain....

Ben,

....... my hanging Script i's really sound so much better it is just incredible the difference in HT sound staging and imagining. My Script i's positioned as they are from above are sooo much better for my HT.... My system's Script i's surround speakers are positioned for just that much more dynamic special effects and music. They are killer sound from above especially for HT musical and sound effects / dynamics... I have to say my flying Script i's Rock. My ears love them.... :D

Heaven from above, eh, Robin. :D

Glad to note no adverse effects from hanging. Mmmmm ... my imagination is beginning to work overtime on my own HT setup. :D :D

Ben

Flying Script i's Are The Best...

Heaven from above, eh, Robin.

Glad to note no adverse effects from hanging. Mmmmm ... my imagination is beginning to work overtime on my own HT setup.

Ben
Ben,

:D Fly the friendly skies... :D

Attachments

• Hot Air Balloon Moster.jpg
    Hot Air Balloon Moster.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 73
Hanging Script i's From The Ceiling...

Robin-

you mention we hung them up, please explain....
jtwrace,

:) My son and I hung them up together, over a two day period, once the Script i's were delivered and we got them home. It was some work for us to hang them up but it sound fantastic now.

It was actually harder for us to mount the custom built wooden angled wall mount, then mount the Theater i center channel speaker to the angled mount, which was made of 2"x 6" pine, painted - gloss black. Everything had to be bolted i.e., the angled mount to beams in the wall as well as the Theater i to the angled mount.. ;)

It was all worth the effort to achieve HT ~ Sonic Nirvana... :D

jtwrace,

It was all worth the effort to achieve HT ~ Sonic Nirvana... :D

I'm hard pressed to think of something not worth the effort to achieve HT ~ Sonic Nirvana :rocker:

Back