Horror! Last night earthwake made this to my CLX stat panel...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roberto

Reaction score
I was listening to the music, then the wake started, making to felt one of my cd tower holder to the bass panel of the left CLX, bending the stator at a point that the diaphragm was touching it, causing a bass distortion. What I did was, with the aid of a strip of nylon string, I pulled out right where the bend was, and thanks God, I could fixed. Now the diaphragm is not touching the stator, but you can spot where the damage was done. I am a very happy guy again!... just wanted to share, that if you have any visible bent at the stator, you can fix it easelly. Happy listening!

Attachments

• DSCN1260.jpg
    DSCN1260.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 527
Roberto, sorry to hear about your CLX, but it was only a speaker. I'm glad you're okay.

Yes Bernard, thank you!!! and the same tower did it again, only that this time, caused to the front stator to bent at a point that the diaphragm was touching it. Tons of bass distortion came out to my ears, but now everything is back to normal. Love to all you guys! Still, live and kicking! Happy listening!

Roberto, as Bernard said, speakers are easily replaced , glad you(and I trust your family) are OK

Roberto, do you have home insurance? Perhaps you can get a brand new pair of CLXs out of this misfortunate incident.

Thanks God it is true. No human casualities here in Costa Rica. But the land is shaking nicely! We are used to this here. We have a lot of quakes, but not so heavy as the passed in September, and yesterday. I really wanted to shared how I could fixed a minor bending at the stator with the aid of a nylon strip and pulling it hard at a point to have it back almost at the original position. Happy listening!

Glad you are ok Roberto, can't lose you as a ML hero. Give Dana a call to make him aware and if there are issues, we can help. Hope all else is good and no other damage in house.

To Rich, Twich and Peter: I sent to Dana how I could fixed it!. I think there is no neeOd to replace the stat panel. It only looks ugly where the bent was, but nothing to worry about it. Thanks for the offer, Pete. Rich, the insurance here is so expensive, that it really does not worth to have it. The downpayment is more for what had to replaced. Only minor ornaments, wine glasses, you know, little things!. Just got new ones about two weeks ago, and they got broken again. Three out of 12 survive. Enoguh for me, with only one, I am done:ROFL:. Love to listen to the musice with a bottle of good wine, like Dinastía Vivanco 2008 (Spain Rioja) and enjoy to the wonderful sound of Martin Logan! Happy listening my friends!

CLX/horror

Glad you are ok you mean allot to this forum with all your knowledge and know how. how did you fix the felt on this panel?

I used a heavy gauge nylon string, and threaded to where the bended part of the stat panel was, then, with patience and some pulling out force, I got it almost to the original position. Now it is singing as it was before! Happy listening!

Yes Bernard, thank you!!! and the same tower did it again, only that this time, caused to the front stator to bent at a point that the diaphragm was touching it. Tons of bass distortion came out to my ears, but now everything is back to normal. Love to all you guys! Still, live and kicking! Happy listening!
Roberto,
Time to relocate the tower? I used to own one until I got tired of bending to get the ones at the bottom (old guys like Twich will appreciate this) and I ran out of space in it. My CDs are now in a bookcase.

I just put a couple of screws to the wall, to secure the cd holder in place... this will do, I hope. Regarding cds, have you listen the M DAC by AudioLab? I will start another thread regarding this...Thanks for your concern! Happy listening!

Thanks for the advise Bernard, but what I just put a couple of screws to the wall to secure it. I think this will not fall again. By the way, have any of you had listened the new M DAC by AudioLabs? I will start a new thread about this a the video and audio section. Happy listening!

I just put a couple of screws to the wall, to secure the cd holder in place... this will do, I hope. Regarding cds, have you listen the M DAC by AudioLab? I will start another thread regarding this...Thanks for your concern! Happy listening!
Nope, I haven't listened to that DAC; haven't listened to anything new in a long time. The last time was at the Montreal show.

BTW there was a thread here a while ago by a guy from California who was concerned about anchoring his CLX's so they would not topple in a 'quake. Did you see it?

Hahahahaha, yes I did, I am not going to do that... they did not move at all. They have a very well steady construction. Their spikes are doing their job too (LOL) Thanks to all of you! Happy listening.

God bless you, my dear friends, all Costa Rican people is ok. Lot's of damage to infra estructure, roads, buildings, but we are ok. And my system is singing back again. Thanks again to all! Happy listening!

I used a heavy gauge nylon string, and threaded to where the bended part of the stat panel was, then, with patience and some pulling out force, I got it almost to the original position. Now it is singing as it was before! Happy listening!

Wow! Good work, Roberto. I'm glad everything is okay>

Back