Help! Hum and RF!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hauger92

Reaction score
I'm new to the club and ML speakers (which I don't even have yet). I just started building my system with a Mac C220. I bought a Pioneer Elite DV-46 to use for temporary CD playback until I can afford a better player. I've only been listening through my Grado SR80 headphones since I don't have my speakers yet. It sounds really good but I noticed a low level hum. I'm using some Monster audio 600 series interconnects (again-temporarily) and a Panamax PM5300.

I went ahead and disconnected the interconnects from my preamp and the hum went away. I then went to re-connect the cables and heard what sounded like an AM radio station in my headphones when the terminal from the cables were barely connected to the jack. The Pioneer CD player's AC cord isn't grounded. Is this why I am receiving the hum and the radio interference?

I'd appreciate any feedback!

Nevermind, I found the problem. It was the coax going into the television that was putting off the RF.

Back