Happy Thanksgiving...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomDac

former MLO owner/operator
Reaction score
Hey all..

It's chilly for NorCal...high 40's / low 50's today and near freezing tonight. Got off work early today.. got home and started a fire in the fireplace, sat my fat ass down in the recliner in front of it and turned on some music in the next room.

Life is good, despite the fact that 2010 has been a real shitty year for me... Mom had a heart attack on new year's eve.. quadruple bypass 2 days later. Dad's health worsened and he passed in the spring after being very miserable and in poor health for many years..

My company divested a major portion of it's business and lots of people lost their jobs. I lucked out and was asked to stay on. New CIO came aboard and lots of changes and tons of work, which has been good, but somewhat stressful...

Mom is doing great, despite losing Dad just shy of their 50th anniversary. She spent 2 weeks here in California visiting Kerry and I and that was wonderful.

despite all of this, I know there are people out there in worse situations. Jobless and struggling, or overseas fighting for our freedom..

I am very thankful to have a wonderful partner who thinks I am the best thing that's ever happened to him, even though I can be a complete tool sometimes. I am thankful for the friends I've made in my life.. both local and here in this virtual world we call our home away from home.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Tom.

Great post, Tom.

2010 was a very interesting year for me as well. I changed jobs, bought a house and went to Europe for the first time.

On the flip side, I also suffered through my first 'corporate' downsizing which made me re-evaluate my career path. I ended up changing jobs and I believe I'll look back in 20 years and say to myself, "that layoff was perhaps the best thing that ever happened to me."

I am very thankful to have wonderful friends and a supportive and loving family. It's important to take time out and remember those individuals who helped get you where you are today - the tough teachers, the friendly neighbors, the loving spouse, and so on. Without them, life would be that much harder.

:)

I am also very thankful to have the MLOC!

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving day feast. I'm putting my Martin Logans into a second system, since I've replaced them in the main system. But, that doesn't mean I no longer have a web-home, it's here, at the Martin Logan club. I've met some great people here and will continue to contribute when I can. Hope to see some of you in the coming years.

Hmmm.....Turkey....I mean Tofurkey in 3D.

Happy T-Day everyone, especially you vicarious guys outside the US:D

My favorite holiday! Family , Friends, Food and Football.

It does not get better than that.:wow:

I hope you all can find the Blessings in your life to be thankful for.

Have a great day

Cheers all... and be thankful for your loved ones because in the end, it's all about the love... and excellent audio, but mostly the love ;)

My favorite holiday! Family , Friends, Food and Football.

I agree with Larry, even though our 'Bills' suck (again) but Thanksgiving is just that.......lets be thankfull for all of what we have, espescially our loved ones that mean the world to us !

Enjoy the Bird everyone !!

Back