Got FM?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdnzl999

Reaction score
To add FM and AM reception (on the cheap) I'll recommend the Sony XDR-F1HD Radio tuner.

HD subchannels tend to be a lot less cluttered with the usual AM/FM advertising.

Technical review with modifications: http://ham-radio.com/k6sti/xdr-f1hd.htm

sony_xdr_f1hd.png

A very odd thread, complete with all technical details. Post No. 5. Hmmmmmmmmmm?

It was Sam, the cheapskate...

Sam Tellig:

(on Product of the year)
The Radius Scuba Toothbrush is the product that has given me the most fun recommending all year, but if I am pressed to nominate an audio product, it is the Sony XDR-F1HD FM/AM digital tuner ($99.99, April 2009).

(on something else)
Last month, I cackled as I wrote up the little Sony XDR-F1HD HD Radio tuner, which sells for under $100. It's given me more pleasure than any other tuner I've had. I hope it outlives Sony's 90-day warranty. (By the time you read this, it already has.)

Recommended Components Addendum
• Published: Apr 24, 2009

Class C:
Sony XDR-F1HD portable radio: $99.95
See ST's review in the April 2009 issue.

---

Anyway, I like it too. Sounds fine to me.

Dynamic, quiet. Satisfies my urge for FM. HD an interesting bonus.

Last edited:
I read about this unit a while ago in another forum. People were raving about it.

It's on my wish list.

Heads up for anyone thinking of ordering this from the same place I did. The unit was listed as "in stock" when I ordered it, however today it was listed as "on backorder" when I checked the delivery schedule.

Back