Good News in the World...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

captain_tinker

Reaction score
Folks,
I hope you will forgive me for posting this on this forum, as I have also already posted it on another forum, but I was in need of some good uplifting news today, and I found this on the news, and it really made me happy to hear. It is about a man in Poland who has just come out of a coma after 19 years!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,277475,00.html

Here is an excerpt from the article:

"Despite doctors' advice that he would not live, his wife never gave up hope and took care of him at home.

"He was a living corpse," she said on TVN24.

"Now he can sit in his wheelchair and we have breakfast and coffee together," she said.

"I would fly into a rage every time someone would say that people like him should be euthanized, so they don't suffer," she told local daily Gazeta Dzialdowska. "I believed Janek would recover," she said, using an affectionate version of his name.

"This is my great reward for all the care, faith and love," she told the AP, weeping.

"He remembers everything that was going on around him," she said. "He talks about it and remembers the wedding of our children. He had fever around the time of the weddings, so he knew something big was taking place."

This reminds me of Poor Terri Schaivo. How unfortunate, and selfish to starve the poor woman to death simply for the convenience of her caretakers... Just because not everyone comes out of a coma like that does not mean that they cannot ever come out of it. There is always that possibility, this and many other stories like it prove that, and it is wonderful and beautiful to behold!

It proves to me that life is not without very dark and terrible moments, pain and suffering, and sadness. But that despite that, there is always hope.

-capT

This reminds me of Poor Terri Schaivo. How unfortunate, and selfish to starve the poor woman to death simply for the convenience of her caretakers... Just because not everyone comes out of a coma like that does not mean that they cannot ever come out of it. There is always that possibility, this and many other stories like it prove that, and it is wonderful and beautiful to behold!

It proves to me that life is not without very dark and terrible moments, pain and suffering, and sadness. But that despite that, there is always hope.

-capT

This is completely inappropriate for this forum.

Can we all agree to keep things like this off our forums?

Thanks.

Agreed. This is no political forum.

It was not meant to be political. This was meant to illustrate a happy and wonderful thing that has happened to someone. I was looking for some GOOD news in the world, not to be shot down. Perhaps the reference to Terri Schaivo was indeed inappropriate, but I will not apologise for it. My main point was to say that indeed there can be hope and happiness in this world that sometimes seems sad and dark. I expected better than this in this forum.

-capT

As good as your intentions were it is a touchy area. Like politics and religion this one is too very individually viewed.

cap!

I think it just rubs people the wrong way when something like that comes through. The written word is hard to decipher and it rarely gets across unscathed.

No worries, I agree with you and I understand your intentions are not malignant. Its cool.

But, it's probably best to keep something that is as "polar" as the subject you just mentioned out of this forum.

Your bud,
Joey

cap!

I think it just rubs people the wrong way when something like that comes through. The written word is hard to decipher and it rarely gets across unscathed.

No worries, I agree with you and I understand your intentions are not malignant. Its cool.

But, it's probably best to keep something that is as "polar" as the subject you just mentioned out of this forum.

Your bud,
Joey

Joey,
Thanks for your words. You are probably right. I'm sorry if people have chosen to be offended by this. Perhaps we should just close the thread. I value the friendship of the people on this forum so I will not continue this thread.

-capT

I'm sorry if people have chosen to be offended by this. Perhaps we should just close the thread.

CapT I agree with you frankly. You have "friends" online and you find something good that happens to someone in the world and sometimes you want to share it.

Either they updated the story or I read it to fast and missed any reference to Shivo (sorry I misspelled that I am pretty sure), or you made them in your first post and I just didn't see them there when I went back to click on the link.

Maybe someday I'll wake to a miraculous cure of my Spinal Cord Injury and these same folks will say, sharing that great joy and healing is not appropriate for this forum... That will be a sad day should it go down like that... What I read was certainly NOT politically charged in ANY WAY. Maybe some folks just don't want to go to the Fox News website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back