Fascinating lecture/demo re playing/recording on new Yamaha Player Grand Piano

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW, I have a Samick 5'7" Grand Piano with the Pianodisc system, in my living room. In head to head comparisons, playing Barry Douglas' Mussorgsky- Pictures At An Exhibition (which I have in both the Pianodisc version and redbook CD), the piano handily beats my Summits. Nothing like live music!! This Yamaha system looks spectactular. I wonder if they will be partnering with Sony to offer more "original" high-def recordings.

Sleepy, that's my ideal system!

I hope to someday have a concert grand version of these player piano's.

Nimbus did a whole series on grand piano masters that I sure wish I could get the discklavier versions of and play them in my own home.

My ideal system too!

Interestingly, we had a Steinbach piano in our house when I was a kid - it could record your playing (or whoever was playing it) to 3.5" floppy disk and play back like that in the video. Was pretty cool - it's just we never had someone that could play seriously record their playing to disk for future use!!

Spent a bit more time perusing this topic. And man oh, man, there are some awsome recordings I had missed out on.

Check out the stories and Catalog at Zenph Studios

The Gould Goldberg variations even has a Binuaral recording in SACD quality of the 'at the keyboard' position. Can't wait to hear that.
Click through to their storefront, only $12 for top-notch SACD's :D
(Fullfilment by Amazon)

Here's more info on the recording / Piano process:
http://www.musiciansnews.com/ya/yam...ano_helps_restore_glenn_gould_recording.shtml

Latest posts

Back