Encore vs Motion

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tvenditti

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm new to MLC - just joined today. I'm putting in a new audio system and have recently been turned on to Martin Logan - I like what I hear! Unfortunately, I have a relatively limited speaker budget - $1,500 or so. I just came across the Encore TF (currently at a great price). It appears that it is intended as a center channel, but I see that some people are using them for front and surround. So, here's my question...does it really make sense to use the Encore for front (L&R) and center? I'm considering Helos 20 for surround and a Dynamo 500 sub. Prior to this configuration, I was thinking Motion 4s up front, Motion 6 center and Motion 2s in back, with a Dynamo 500 sub. Which set up would be better? Thanks! (sorry for the long first post...)

I would recommend the Preface as mains with Encore center and surrounds. The Preface retail price was rock bottom after they discontinued them. They are a great speaker by themselves, and the ATF driver would be matching through out your system.

ETA: I hung fiber all through Berwick, matter a fact I ran fiber from Milton to Hazelton PA along 11. Nice area you hail from.

Last edited:
First off.....welcome ! , second, if you have n't seen it here's my thread on the Motion speakers I demo'ed this past spring.........

http://www.martinloganowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10577

Berwick, Pa.....ahhhhh the home of Jimmy Spencer and what used to be a pretty good (arguably one of the best) High School football programs in the country.

Back