downsizing... now what?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blw

Reaction score
I presently have a nice rig with which I'm quite satisfied: Odyssey - Cinema - Descent, with Scenarios for surrounds. It gets used for TV (a lot), 2-channel music (a fair amount), and a bit for movies.

Unfortunately my circumstances are changing, and I'll be moving from a BIG house with a dedicated theater/music room to something that I presume is much smaller and which almost certainly won't have a dedicated room. I would guess that in six months I'll be in a condo or a at most a small house.

Is anything in the ML line suitable for this sort of downsizing?

I've thought about selling the Odysseys and Cinema, move the Scenarios to the front and sticking to just 2.1 channels.

Last edited:
I use Scenarios in my 2 channel system and I'm very pleased with the sound. You will need to add a sub like a Grotto or Depth because the Scenarios have weak bass. I live in a 1000 sq ft condo so space is limited and I find the Scenarios are a good fit.

I on the other hand will be moving to a much bigger home in one months time and the basement is all mine. An audio upgrade is in my future.

Keeping the Scenarios would be the preferred option with a good sub. If multichannel is still possible how about some Scripts for the rears? This would give you a great system and maybe you wouldn't miss your other speakers too much...:sad:

Last edited:
I guess I'll have to rearrange the room to try the Scenarios + Descent. I got the Scenarios after the Odysseys were in place, so I've never tried them as main speakers before.

Any tips on how to best use them? My first instinct is to use them the same way, but since they are nowhere near the same speakers I'm guessing that's wrong. For one thing, I'm sure they need to be tilted back, since their vertical dispersion is nearly nil. Probably the Odysseys are like that too, but since they are almost twice as tall it's hard to notice.

Back