Does anyone have anything BAD to say about anti-cable?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nik

Reaction score
Just as it says, was going to try these verses my current Monster for when I build my set up and wanted to see what everyone would voice their opinion. Please use constructive opinions other then "they look cheap" or something.
Nik

I think you will be pleasantly pleased with the AntiCables. I'm sure that they will be a nice improvement over the Monster. The just tranced all over my Transparent cables and I believe them to be pretty much equal to my Nordost Solar Winds (6x the price) which are now back in the original box tucked away.
Not sure of your upstream equipment.. my stuff is pretty basic.
I'm quite pleased with them and for the price, it's well worth trying them. I have a small write up on the where mys system is posted.
Good luck!

I have been a long time user of anti-cables. I found they sound best

unterminated. I now only use them where they can be hidden because

the look did really bother me after a bit, just being honest .

It's all system dependent...

The specifications for resistance and capacitance of the Anti-cable are worth noting.

In addition:

"Naked" cables tend to ring or otherwise react mechanically to loud sounds in the environment, so even placement is critical.

Cables on bare floor or carpeting are subject to static electricity and vibration. Without an insulator or being placed on isolators, you will also get sonic inconsistencies.

...in other words, speculation is not really going to work. You need to try them out in your specific system and environment. If they work out, GREAT!
If not, then they get posted on Audiogon. ;)

Cheers,

Back