DBX 260 implemenatation

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haga7584

Reaction score
Nm

I will have the dbx 260 shortly. I was looking at bypassing the SL3 passive x-over. I did see the ReQuest bypass, but the parallel resistors have a different resistance each when you leave then in for amps that can't handle the highs alone unlike the Sunfires. The SL3's have 3 Ohm instead of 2 Ohms, the resistance shouldn't be much of a difference in my mind, but I just want to be sure. If anyone can answer this, please let me know, thanks. I'm assuming that I can follow the ReQuest bypass for my SL3's since the schematics are pretty much the same. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:
I will have the dbx 260 shortly. I was looking at bypassing the SL3 passive x-over. I did see the ReQuest bypass, but the parallel resistors have a different resistance each when you leave then in for amps that can't handle the highs alone unlike the Sunfires. The SL3's have 3 Ohm instead of 2 Ohms, the resistance shouldn't be much of a difference in my mind, but I just want to be sure. If anyone can answer this, please let me know, thanks. I'm assuming that I can follow the ReQuest bypass for my SL3's since the schematics are pretty much the same. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

If your amp is not a high-current design like a Sunfire or a Sanders, then I'd recommend a minimum of 1ohm in line with the panel.
3 ohms is fine, as you will be able to balance the relative volume between the panel and the woofer with the DBX.

And 3 Ohms plus panel impedance will be 'amp-friendly' for pretty much anything.
Less efficient, but it will work fine.

Remember to remove any and all coils and resistors in the woofer path. It gets hardwired to the terminals and the LF amp drives it directly.

Back