Creating jobs American won't do???????

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenscollick

Reaction score
I find it humorous that so many of the Reagan Republicans that implored Gorbachev to tear down the Berlin Wall are now urging our government to build one. I guess its OK if we do it. Our motives are always pure. :rolleyes:

My / our ancestors are rolling their graves. It's like the rest of our pathetic judicial system, way too many 'bleeding heart' liberal judges for starters.

This Country has no clue as to how to get tough on crime !

Would those be your Scotch/Irish immigrant ancestors, Dave? As for the judicial system, whose model would you prefer we follow? Saudi Arabia or Iran, perhaps? They certainly have low crime rates.

As for the judicial system, whose model would you prefer we follow? Saudi Arabia or Iran, perhaps? They certainly have low crime rates.

Nope....lets bring back public hangings, hell, I'll sell the popcorn !

Nope....lets bring back public hangings, hell, I'll sell the popcorn !

Well, I have to agree with you . . . public hangings do have a nice emotional appeal to them. Nothing like watching someone like Scott Peterson have his neck snapped in a very public arena for what he did. But if you really think this would reduce our crime rate, then you are sorely misguided.

Also, given the propensity of our faulty judicial system to convict innocent persons of crime, I would certainly feel sorry for the many innocent people who would end up on the gallows. Are you aware that hundreds of wrongly convicted and imprisoned people have been exonerated by DNA evidence over the last couple of decades? I guess it is all fine until you or I are the ones standing up on the gallows for a crime we didn't commit. Remember, I was a prosecutor for several years. And I dealt with more than my share of dirty cops and wrongful arrests.

Rich....come on now, can't you see my "two ounces" of levity !! LOL !

On a serious note, I DO BELIEVE in capital punishment.

As far as the innocent person stuff.......tell that to the family of the Police officer just recently shot to death by a NINE time convicted felon that some A-HOLE judge allowed back on the streets here in Phila.

For every story you would like to re-cant of innocent people going to jail I'll double that with two of "innocent people being vitimized by repeat offenders" !

Remember......"A bleeding heart liberal is nothing more than a conservitive who has yet to be victimized" !!

Twich I do agree 100% about repeat offenders the argument that we have wrongly convicted people in jail just dont hold up the revolving door policys of our jails dont work as far as the death penalty not deterring crime is also wrong there are no repeat offenders it works every time.

I am not sure about your quote:......"A bleeding heart liberal is nothing more than a conservitive who has yet to be victimized" !!

I always thought that a conservative is a liberal that got a Job.

Rich....come on now, can't you see my "two ounces" of levity !! LOL !

On a serious note, I DO BELIEVE in capital punishment.

Dave, I got the levity. I just see conservatives regularly throw out such simple solutions for very complex problems, half-joking/half-serious, and I enjoy pointing out the inconsistencies and logical fallacies in these non-solutions. While I know it makes for a good sound bite, it just doesn't do anything to advance the really important debates on these very serious issues. And after the last eight years, I have really had enough of sound bites and non-solutions.

For the record, I am pro-death penalty as well. I am very much an "eye for an eye" kind of guy in regards to criminal punishment. But I am also concerned about the validity of the judicial process, having seen my share of incompetent judges, lawyers and police officers. I don't think it is ever acceptable for our government to put to death an innocent person and I know it happens more often than most people realize. There are no easy answers to these very complex issues.

As far as the innocent person stuff.......tell that to the family of the Police officer just recently shot to death by a NINE time convicted felon that some A-HOLE judge allowed back on the streets here in Phila.

No question that is a horrific case. One of many, I know. And there are just as many stories of police officers beating, torturing and murdering innocent people. Did Amadou Diallo deserve what he got? I think not.

So, as with everything complex in the world, the Devil is in the details. Would you just execute everyone who commits a violent crime of any sort? Even first offenders? Or would you reserve it only for homicide cases? Would you feel as remorseful when it was proven that an innocent person was convicted and executed as you are for the officer that was slain in the line of duty? Would you have executed the police officers that murdered Diallo? As I said, there are no easy solutions.

And after the last eight years, I have really had enough of sound bites and non-solutions..

Agreed !

As have I, that's why I pray we as a Nation / World can meet in the middle and get something accomplished for the good !!!

I find it humorous that so many of the Reagan Republicans that implored Gorbachev to tear down the Berlin Wall are now urging our government to build one. I guess its OK if we do it. Our motives are always pure. :rolleyes:

What's REALLY ironic about the "wall" is that most people in America think it's to keep people OUT...

The REAL truth is that it's for the same reason as the Berlin Wall was--keeping people IN.

Sheep, in a paddock, folks. Sheep in a paddock.

No question that is a horrific case. One of many, I know. And there are just as many stories of police officers beating, torturing and murdering innocent people. Did Amadou Diallo deserve what he got? I think not.

You have GOT to be kidding me! There are as many cases of police beating and killing innocent people as there are convicted felons of committing another crime. NO WAY! I don't believe that for a minute. Are there bad cops, sure, are there bad (incompetent) CEO's running big car companies and Wall Street, yea, but I think multi time convicted violent criminals far out number them need to be put down. That or we are going to need a lot more jails.

And if you are crossing into our county illegally you need to be shipped home. Do it a second time and hang'em high...ok that might be a little much, but chain gangs and clean up crews living in tents and eating PB&J sandwiches sounds pretty good to me. Hey, didn't someone in AZ try that? Worked out pretty good too as I recall...

Back