Concert Review: Roger Waters...WOW!!!!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eknuds01

Reaction score
My parents visited me in Maryland this past weekend and my dad surprised me with concert tickets in Philadelphia to see Roger Waters (former front man of Pink Floyd for the uninitiated).

WHAT AN AMAZING SHOW!!!!

The first half of the concert was a mix of some older Pink Floyd songs, stuff like Have a Cigar and Wish You Were Here. Then he took a break and played Dark Side of the Moon! Did you guys know that DSM spent 791 weeks on the Billboard top 100-there's a record that'll NEVER be broken.

Roger played, no...more like ROCKED, the Wachovia Center. I'd say close to 20,000 people attended. Keep in mind that Pink Floyd started out in the mid 60s and nearly FORTY years later that group's music still resonates with young and old people alike. The crowd was totally electrified. I've been to two recent Clapton concerts and as much as I like him, I would have paid double to see Waters!

Waters surrounds himself with some great talent on the stage too. The sax player and drummer were both first rate and the guy that played the keyboard was terrific (he also had some backup vocals, too). Then, of course, he has a trio of woman that were no less than amazing. The lead guitarists were just spectacular!

The only thing I didn't like was that Waters let some of this left wing politics leak into the show. But that's too be expected since he's always been very liberal.

If you get a chance to see this guy, don't pass it up. It really is something else!!!!

Erik

I agree the show was great. I also had a couple of people sitting near me that were ****ed off about his left wing politics.

I say, you went to see the main man from Pink Floyd. What did people really expect. If you wanted right wing politics maybe they should have saw Carrie Underwood or Toby Keith.

Did you really think someone from the UK who is super rich and super famous is going to support our idiot president?

Last edited:
For those of us who are unable to see Roger Waters live the Rave channel on Dish network have been showing part of his concert on Soundstage in 5.1 and high def. Yeah, it rocks!

there are some torrents going around of this recent tour that are quite spectacular in quality.

i'm seeing him on the 9th, and will be recording.
:)

Back