Belles 350A Reference

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleepysurf

Reaction score
For the past 6 months, I've been searching for a "cool" running two channel amp to replace my 5 channel Sunfire Cinema Grand (driving Summits). As much as I'd love a Plinius, Pass Labs, Krell, or paired monoblocks, my current setup dictates that I stick with a cool running, single chassis design.

I previously tried the Butler TDB2250, but didn't find the system synergy I was looking for. Now, that same dealer is sending me the Belles 350A Reference to try. David Belles is a long-time amp designer, and although lesser known. many of his designs have garnered good reviews. This particular model is a high current, MOSFET output design, with a beefy power supply, and supposedly runs fairly cool. The casing doesn't have any sex appeal or bling, but it supposedly packs a lot of power, and is very musical. A recent review can be found here...
http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/belles_350a_reference.htm

(Of note, the design now includes a soft-startup, to prevent the breaker-tripping issue that was noted in the early models.)

I'll post a f/u once I have it up and running.

Belles 350A Reference...

sleepysurf,

Fascinating. :) I had not heard of this audio company before. I loof foreward to your findings on the 350A Ref. :clap:

Attachments

• belles_350a_reference.jpg
    belles_350a_reference.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 212
FYI, it's also available with a black faceplate, which is what I ordered.

Attachments

• belles350.jpg
    belles350.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 271
Alan, from looking at the specs, they seem to have enough grunt to handle your Summits.

Latest posts

Back