Baby tube on my Aeon i's

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snappy

Reaction score
So I bought a Dared MP-5 for my brother for xmas as a headphone amp. I just hooked them up to test for operation. WOW, i was pleasantly surprised how good it sounded. The midrange and highs were amazing. The lows were horrid though. But I did not run it through my DAC. I just run analog out straight from my heavily upgraded California Audio Labs icon mk2 power-boss which i know does not cut the mustard on the lows with analog out. still not bad for 13-watts. Man I miss the sound of tube. I am going to dump my Mark Levinson 333.5 and get some tubes again.

UPDATE: just realized that I used some old cheapo interconnects. Well it made the lows sound 10x better. dam, forgot how important interconnect were.

Last edited:
;) Let me know when you dump your Levinson.. I may be interested.

I just sold it today, I actually sold it for allot more than I paid for it. over $1k more actually, even after using it for over a year. now I am on the hunt for some tubes. anyone using the marantz 8b's?

Man I miss the sound of tube. I am going to dump my Mark Levinson 333.5 and get some tubes again.

UPDATE: just realized that I used some old cheapo interconnects. Well it made the lows sound 10x better. dam, forgot how important interconnect were.

What Tube amps are you looking at?

What Tube amps are you looking at?
I got such a great deal on my ML's that I am open to allot. I am looking at the 8b's but I have to admit that I have never heard them, see one in a case once, but that's it. I liked the Rogue Audio M120's and pretty much any of the Conrad Johnson tubes. I heard a mv-60 on a set of Aerius i's once, and was hooked on the sound of the CJ's for a tube source. So I am really hesitant buying a marantz 8b just cause the stigma behind it. It's alot of loot. So it aint easy to just jump in.

Last edited:
or AES six pacs! Those are the ones I'm seriously considering (unless I can scrape together enough for the carys) and have received rave reviews. $2500 new, but can get them for $1750 or so used.

or AES six pacs! Those are the ones I'm seriously considering (unless I can scrape together enough for the carys) and have received rave reviews. $2500 new, but can get them for $1750 or so used.

I've heard the Cary.. sweet! Just saw a pair of six pack on Agon. sold!

Latest posts

Back