AV System LCR Speakers - Icon 3xW or Motion XT CI XTW6-LCR?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeterO

Reaction score
Trying to design a new living/AV room (can't swing a dedicated HT with the WAF) and would like to use in walls. It's a decent size room (22x36x9) and am considering the Icon 3xW or Motion XTW6. They're similarly priced and equally similarly NOT reviewed. Any owners with impressions GREATLY appreciated. Thx in advance

You'd use those as the rear and side surrounds? Those are the ones I would use for that. I have 4 in walls now for the surrrounds, but different brands. I do have 4 in ceiling ML speakers for Atmos and they are excellent for that. I have the equivalent of the MC6 in the ceiling. The model I have they stopped making about a year ago.

You'd use those as the rear and side surrounds? Those are the ones I would use for that. I have 4 in walls now for the surrrounds, but different brands. I do have 4 in ceiling ML speakers for Atmos and they are excellent for that. I have the equivalent of the MC6 in the ceiling. The model I have they stopped making about a year ago.

I know the Icon 3XW would be on the small(ish) side but was actually thinking of using those up-front around the OLED display. I think the Motion XTW6 is comparable to the Tribute 5XW - I think either of those would be fine for me up front, as far as dynamics go. Would love to swing the Monument 7XW but don't think it's in the budget. In any event, the only coverage/reviews I can find of the in wall Masterpiece series is of the ML CEDIA room (I think 2019?) which had a whole complement of the Masterpiece architecture series, including the (krazy) Statement 40XWs. Love to know if anyone has any perspectives on the Icons or Tributes! The obsidian tweeter seems very similar to the Motion series tweeter, but the woofer drivers are a bit different in the CI Masterpiece series.

Back