Anyone experience the Mikros 70 yet?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathantw

Reaction score
I'm just about to purchase a pair of Micros 70 headphones and wanted to know if anyone had any experience with them? I'm sure they sound great at $150 but I wish they didn't assume that everyone owns a fruity product. Why in the world did they feel the need to include a remote for one company and one company only?

I think I would want a pretty extensive audition before I spent $150 on a pair of earbuds from ANY company.

:D
I'm just about to purchase a pair of Micros 70 headphones and wanted to know if anyone had any experience with them? I'm sure they sound great at $150 but I wish they didn't assume that everyone owns a fruity product. Why in the world did they feel the need to include a remote for one company and one company only?

I dunno. Maybe its because everyone does own a "fruity" product? Just a mild, wild-a$$ thought...:D

:D

I dunno. Maybe its because everyone does own a "fruity" product? Just a mild, wild-a$$ thought...:D

Or maybe its that the majority of people willing to spend $150 on a pair of earbuds also just happen to own a fruity product.

I'm lost.. what makes a product "fruity"??
and "the remote and microphone also function with a variety of smartphones, digital media players, and similar devices with a standard 3.5mm four-conductor socket."

Take a look at head-fi.org. Look at the 2012 buying guide. Lots of good info regarding inear monitors. Not much on the Martin logans yet.

I'm lost.. what makes a product "fruity"??
and "the remote and microphone also function with a variety of smartphones, digital media players, and similar devices with a standard 3.5mm four-conductor socket."

If I offended anyone, I apologize. I actually should have just said "fruit" product. I guess "fruity" kind of sounds...well...fruity. Yes, I meant Apple.

The brochure and the data on the Martin Logan site specifically states that the remote functions work with iPods and Apple products. I'm just wondering if they'll come out with a headphone that doesn't have that ability?

I went to the store that said they had them in stock and unfortunately they didn't. Also, since they're ear buds it's kind of hard to "try them out extensively" without actually buying them first. Not many stores will let you jam earphones into your ear, let alone would you want to? Ewww.

I'll take a chance on those headphones. It's Martin Logan. Whether they're made by ML or they just slapped their name on the side will be something I'll figure out when I finally hear them in use. I've owned their speakers since October, 1988 so I'm a huge fan of the company. I even have a letter from Gayle Sanders (the founder) about a design question I sent him so at one time he personally answered letters sent to the company.

The earbuds were developed in-house, I've been told by the folks at ML. Still waiting to get a pair in the mail to try them out ;-)

Hola. Just got some samples. I gave them to my kids and I kept one. It takes some time to break in, at the begining their sound was too flat, with no bass at all, and right now are killing the B&W that my son has. I am listening more detail, clean, cymballs are free of glare, deep bass, but with the right amount of bass energy. I did like a lot the piano presentation too. Mmm, do not get me wrong here, but I get the guitar strings too present, too forward, more like ribbon tweeters as Magnepan. I give a total yes to these babies, with a strong recommended. Happy listening!

Back