Any chess players?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eknuds01

Reaction score
Does anyone here play chess? Or ever play competitive chess. I used to play in lots of tournaments all through high school. I recently re-joined the USCF so I could start playing in sanctioned tourneys.

I also play a bit on chess.com (lots of tournaments and live games).

Erik

I can play chess, but I can say without even a hint of false modesty that I'm not very good...

I played a lot of Chess in grade-school and High School. I stopped playing after high school. I play with friends once in a rare while these days. I still enjoy playing, however, I never thought I was any good.

Played pretty much every day through High School, till life got in the way! I have a copy of Chess Tiger on my Palm Treo, and play against the computer from time to time. It always reminds me I was never particularly good!

Yes, I absolutely love chess....It is a great way to strengthen that large muscle between your ears:D I've got no time to play anymore though, life really stinks sometimes.

Dan

I gave up when Psion Chess running on a Sinclair QL kept beating me most of the time with 15-30 second response time. That was sometime ago... not sure if that contraption ever made the states. At the time, it was the world's best chess program - or so they said.

I've played the Vista effort about 3 times...

I play Chessmaster from time to time. I tweak the settings just right to make sure I have a 'fightin chance, and, uh, occasionally :eek: :D take back a move...

So, I "win" every once in a while...:rolleyes:

Back