Another Seattleite!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaun

Reaction score
Hello!

Seeing as how I've been diagnosed as clinically lazy, I'm going to copy and paste my bio from my blog.

I was born and raised in Federal Way WA, went to and dropped out of college in Tacoma and worked as a salesman in high end audio. I then moved to Seattle to be a professional jazz musician which worked out fantastically well and led to working in a record store. I got back into hi fi retailing then moved to Iowa for a couple of years to live the dream of managing a Hollywood Video. Came back and sold more hi fi. I worked for Genesis Advanced Technologies for a brief period before working for Ambassador Marketing, a Rep firm in the audio/video industry.

A burgeoning love of writing short sentences led me to study copywriting and I've since secured a position as the Tactical Communications Director for Gaddis Events, a project management firm headquartered in Bothell and Seattle heading up PR, Creative, Web and Social Media Management services.

I recently inherited my father's Sequel IIs (I'll soon post my system in the appropriate venue here) and am now compelled to join this forum and am eager to learn, participate and share with what looks to be a fun and enthusiastic group of music and audio lovers.

Thanks!
Shaun

Headshots available upon request

Thanks folks!

Thanks all for the warm welcome. I hope to spend some time tonight fiddling with placement of my Sequel IIs and finally uploading some photos in the Member Systems section.

I'm enjoying digging through the threads and getting some background on this forum. So far it all seems very positive which is a welcome change to some of the other audio related forums I've been on.

I look forward to participating and sharing!

Thanks again,
Shaun

Welcome to the club. There is certainly a vast supply of imformation for you to go through. You may want to try the flashlight method for setting up your speakers.

Cheers, Greg

Flying Fish

Welcome to the crew Shaun!

We are cast around the globe, think of it as 24/7 support for your MLs. Get the pics up with gear description so we can drool and lead you further astray!

I have fond memories of the Fish Market in Seattle with the things flying from one person serving to the other, great city.

Jeff

Hi Shaun. I am from North Bend, I'm sure you know where that is. For the rest of you, North Bend is a little berg in the mountians near Seattle (and the setting of the Twin Peaks series).

I have a pair of CLXs on the way, it is taking forever :mad:.

I have a pair of CLXs on the way, it is taking forever :mad:.

Ahhh... welcome kindred spirit - you are hereby indoctrinated into the insanely delayed CLX delivery club. Fun huh? Let me just say that when they do arrive... all your stress will dissolve away in a wash of the best sound you've ever owned.

Congratulations on the purchase of the CLX's. Be sure to get a JL sub to go with it. I prefer to call it the CLX Club, :D rather than the delayed CLX delivery club. :(

Last edited:
Back